Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: wheelin in NEEDLES CA

went with the fam. out to the river for Turkey day.. and decided to drag the jeep out there to do some wheeling.. Well after wheeling with you guys... out there was pretty boring.. still got some seat time in the jeep which is always good.. but.. everything out there is pretty tame.. did make a run at "locker boy hill" a really soft sand with big rocks and steep hill that dosent appear to be all that hard but its really really soft and almost verticle at the top.. after watchin a few others make countless attempts at the hill WITH OUT sucecess i decided to toss my wagon at it.. well lets just say "My Jeep ROCKS" punn intended and my wago made it up and over second try.. of coarse the excuses started to roll.. he has lockers.. he has 35's.. so i gave them all some frenchcries.. and we went on with our day.. LOL...

got a few pics.. nothing great.. most shot through dirty windsheild.. lol but.. thought I would share.. also.. the temp was perfect to take the boat out too.. which i did.. lol...

ttyl josh

took the boat out... not another soul on the river

teachin my little girl how to drive.. lol she did really well

mini SAND HIGWAY.. moabi

wow.. blurry pic.. gas'n up to go home
    [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]
    PARTS, SERVICE, INSTALLATION & CUSTOM FAB...

You trailer your Xj all over. Is that bad to drive? Because of the lockers maybe? Not hassling you just curios.
    Those left standing
    Will make millions
    Writing books on ways
    It should have been
    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

OH.. no she drives perfect on the street .. I have put over 8000 miles on the street since the lockers were installed.. I tow it so I can GO BIG so I don't have to worry about getting me and my jeep home if something breaks. Plus the Titan is way more comfy for my. Girls and I on those 4hr drives to the river

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
      You trailer your Xj all over. Is that bad to drive? Because of the lockers maybe? Not hassling you just curios.
      [COLOR="Blue"]www.LEADFOOToffroad.com [/COLOR][COLOR="blue"][COLOR="Red"] COMING SOON!!![/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Prob. Same,reason your thinking about a tow dolly.. I got a nice tow vehicle and a trailer might as well put them to use..: lol

Also towing the jeep only costs me about 2mpg over just driving the jeep...

Comment

That is exactly why I want a dolly. But If my Jeep was as comfy as yours I would be able to drive it. I really dig your XJ. If were to have one I would build it exactly like yours. Sean keeps telling me we should have traded Jeeps. Because In the last six months I have added a hard top and doors, a roof rack, and complete carpet. All to make it more comfortable. In the last six months he cut his roof off(ragtop), modified his doors so they come on and off, and pulled off his roof rack (now on my jeep). But his is a 2 door. I know some people think they are cooler. But I would much rather have a 4 door. If I hadn't just spent so much money on my YJ I just might be looking for an XJ, just like yours.
          Those left standing
          Will make millions
          Writing books on ways
          It should have been
          -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have often wondered.........

......myself as to what the biggest reasons for some that tow the rigs? Seems like Josh's reason is the most, just more cushy for the long drives. Then it seems like the next most reason is "I have the rig so just because I can"
            Works for me.....

Nice set up Josh, thanks for sharin.......:thumbs_up
            John & Kristi

Comment

Thanks man... I am totally happy how it has come to look and perform . I can not wait to finish it off with a nice set of bumpers and a cage. Funny thing is.. I think I want to build a yj next... lol

That is exactly why I want a dolly. But If my Jeep was as comfy as yours I would be able to drive it. I really dig your XJ. If were to have one I would build it exactly like yours. Sean keeps telling me we should have traded Jeeps. Because In the last six months I have added a hard top and doors, a roof rack, and complete carpet. All to make it more comfortable. In the last six months he cut his roof off(ragtop), modified his doors so they come on and off, and pulled off his roof rack (now on my jeep). But his is a 2 door. I know some people think they are cooler. But I would much rather have a 4 door. If I hadn't just spent so much money on my YJ I just might be looking for an XJ, just like yours.

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                I think I want to build a yj next... lol
                Don't bother. We'll just trade. lol
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Don't bother. We'll just trade. lol
                  i do love the barter system.. lol..

and Scott.. My XJ was my daily driver back and forth to L.A. 35's lockers and all untill about a month ago when I picked up my newest 4x4...

yes.. its a honda.. and yes it is 4WD.... lol.. but it get 30mpg.. lol

Comment

Originally posted by LEADFOOTjosh View Post
                    i do love the barter system.. lol..

and Scott.. My XJ was my daily driver back and forth to L.A. 35's lockers and all untill about a month ago when I picked up my newest 4x4...

yes.. its a honda.. and yes it is 4WD.... lol.. but it get 30mpg.. lol
                    Throw a couple "Type R" stickers on and it'll jump up to 40 mpg. Also, that tailpipe needs to be bigger and you need a wing on the back. Rims are good, though.:thumbs_up
                    "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

I think the trick is to remove the muffler all togeather. Then weld a coffe can on the tail pipe and chrome it. Who needs back pressure anyway.

Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Lol... you got it all wrong... type-r stickers add 40hp ... the goal is more mpg.. so carbon fiber sticker wrap will make it lighter.. lol.. and Scott that looks to be a 5gal bucket .... lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X