Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: day after Turkeyday fun at Truckhaven

Fred, Steve and me headed out early this morning for some fun at truckhaven and to meet up with Beau and Fred's son and their families. We explored some of the areas we went to last year and tackled some new stuff
    Got to try out Fred's TJ stretch as well as my suck down winch and Steve got to try out his just installed coilovers. All in all the Jeeps performed really well and tackled some pretty crazy stuff. Even though it's a long drive for just a day of wheeling it was definitely worth it and will go again next year
    As Usual we didn't take a ton of pics, way to busy covering all that great terrain.
    I did manage to take a few pics though

Was fun watching this yahoo getting himself stuck between a rock and a hard place while showing off

Time to talk turkey and down a cold one at the end of this very fun day

Last edited by aw12345; 11-27-09, 10:59 PM.

Look like fun as always. How far is Truckahven?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

It's about 2.5 hours or so.
      Mapquest or google Borrego Salton Seaway, Thermal, CA 92274. Then it's on the North side of the road

Comment

Art,

It looks like another great time. There are so many cool places if you just get out and do it.

Mitch

Comment

Bash, you've never been to truckhaven? DUDE!!!!! from ontario its about 150 miles if i recall.
          1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
            Bash, you've never been to truckhaven? DUDE!!!!! from ontario its about 150 miles if i recall.
            When are we going?

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Truckhaven is still my favorite place to go. Such a varied amount of terrain and things to do. We need to plan a MJR weekend out there. Great place if you have bikes and quads also.

Comment

Very vool pictures that too looks like a fun trail ..that short little climb looks fun.. Thanks for the pic..Geebo
                "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

ha geeb that short climb only looks like fun when your watching , bash you would have a blast out there but if freds leading be prepared for some steep climbs and down slopes , this place will get the heart pumping !!

Comment

Looks like great fun guys.
                    IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Cool rigs and....

.....nice pics, thanks for sharing. We too love that place and have many times made it a "day" trip just to get a taste of it.
                      We love the whole Anza-Borrego/Ocotillo Wells/State Park areas we try and spend as much time as possible through out the year and still find new and cool places to 4 wheel and explore (wifes a bit of a rock hound) so when ever anydody wants to do a trip we're down for it.
                      We spent four days "pre" Thanksgiving out there last sun-weds exploring new routes and having good ol' camp site cooking food.
                      Went through the Truckhaven area but was late in the day so no pics due the timing, can go from mild to wild in just a couple corners.
                      Made a trip through Canyon Sin Nombre (south to north) and then Seco de Diablo over to Fish Creek and out Split Mountain. BTW, Diablo Drop-Off was a breeze. Stock 4WD take your time, pick your line, very easy/doable. Everyone else piece of cake, did the top half up in reverse.

Cyn Sin Nombre

Sandstone Cyn

Worst part of the trip, having to go home...

So we're ready ifin we gotta trip planned!

More Sandstone Cyn

Look like some really cool night runs in the Truckhaven area but need some one who nows it better then me unless you like winchin....hehehe....
                      John & Kristi

Comment

Very nice pics of Canyon Sin Nombre.
                        A night run in Truckhaven would be a real kick in the pants, would not want to wander to far of the beaten track, but I bet it would make for a pretty nice pucker factor do do some of the steeper climbs and descents in the dark

Comment

Originally posted by MrBash View Post
                          When are we going?
                          Not really sure when i can wheel anymore. I have a new job. 24/7 mobile aircraft mechanic, and i'm the rookie so a lot is expected of me in way of availability and commitment. Good money but the lifestyle sucks.

Actually have'nt even driven the jeep in nearly 5 months.

Perhaps this yrs TDS will be doable. just need to give a notice to my boss i'd suppose. just havent built the guts yet to even try.

Comment

Shant , ya might wanna get some lockers for Christmas for some of the real fun stuff out there. Then we can really see some Armenian from you and your posse
                            Actually would not mind at all doing another trip out there this winter. Had a lot of fun yesterday was well worth the drive

Comment

yeah the cool thing about truckhaven is that NO ONE goes left out. there is everything for the easiest stuff to the wildest.

I like it out there for the articulation. if you flop it, no biggie. the soil is relatively soft and damage is null to none.

Comment

Working...
                              X