Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: McDonald Downs- North Canterbury

This is a high country farm running sheep and cattle and not often open to the public. Some very easy going gravel roads with the odd steep climb that would be challenging in the wet but on this occasion we only had a bit of light rain but not even enough to keep some of the dust down.

There were some spectacular ridge line tracks and native forest sections whcih all vehicles (around 70) negotiated with only one staked tyre.

[/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]
    [/IMG]

More pictures at: http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...onald%20Downs/

[/IMG]

And I thought the Joshua tree was wierd.Cool pic's,Thanks for sharing.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Yeah, they are a native and called a Cabbage Tree, go figure. Actually a member of the lily family I believe.

Comment

Great Pics Tycho! Nice countryside. I just changed jobs, so I don't know when we will be able to get down your way just yet, so please keep the trail reports coming.

And 70 rigs! Dude! Did you force everyone in Christchurch with 4x4 vehicle to go? :gun:
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Great Pics Tycho! Nice countryside. I just changed jobs, so I don't know when we will be able to get down your way just yet, so please keep the trail reports coming.

And 70 rigs! Dude! Did you force everyone in Christchurch with 4x4 vehicle to go? :gun:
          Alright Mike, Damnit, we gotta get our arses dwon there. I want to see a Cabbage Tree! Tyco, thanks again for the great trip report.
          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

What a beautiful place! Thanks for sharing.

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Very scenic!

I want to go there for both above water and underwater adventure. All of the pictures I've seen of New Zealand have been amazing.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Christian
              "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

New Zealand probably has one of the highest ratios of 4x4 vehicles to head of population. Mostly Japanese but a small and very active Jeep Club

Congrats on the new job Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Tycho View Post
                  Yeah, they are a native and called a Cabbage Tree, go figure. Actually a member of the lily family I believe.
                  LOL,I love it.Please keep em coming,miss seeing green country.
                  Dennis and Tammy
                  Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

WOW!! really pretty country!! Thanks for the pic,s...Geeb
                    "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Working...
                    X