Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Shooting-Box Canyon-Bullfrog

Today I met with Dave (flatpoint), Scott and Lesa (AVjeepfreek), Maxwell and Lila (Max7), and Roger in Lucerne to go out and do some shooting. We headed over to a "Private Property" spot and shot for a couple of hours. We shot at 2 boxes of clays and went through an assortment of 22's, 40's, 45's, 44's, 12ga, and 20ga. The day was great for shooting and everyone had a good, safe time. Dave and Maxwell had other things to do afterwards so they left for home while Roger, Scott and Lesa, and I headed to Cougar Buttes for some fun.

Shooting spot

Cougar Buttes

Box Canyon

Bullfrog

Roger on the first drop

Roger's seat after the first drop! WTF?

Last edited by Mitch; 11-21-09, 07:51 PM.

Darn! Wish I would have known you were out there. I went out to JV Hammers and had missed the group I wanted to see by 30-45 mins or so. I tried to catch up to them but they were too far into the trail for me to venture up alone. Ended up eating lunch and then heading back home.
    When leaving Means Dry Lake I was flagged down by a guy driving a very nice Jaguar looking for Bessimer Mine Rd for the Road Warriors Convention. Somehow he passed it, so I showed him the way...guy was really nice, he gave $20 for getting him back to the right road. I did warn him about the road and wished him the best with taking his Jag on it...he said, "I have all wheel drive." I laughed and headed back on 247 toward home.
    I managed to pass 3 Sheriffs - one going my way, 2 coming toward me. Also, fire trucks, ambulance, & paramedics all with sirens & lights - think they were going to Camp Rock area - hope everything was ok.

Nice pics - looks like a great day!

Comment

Let it be known to all...... Mitch will soon be a TRUE SCATTERGUN FORCE to be dealt with!!!!! Great time shooting with all of you, and Mitch......KEEP DOING IT!!! You are on your way!
      :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

It was a great day! I was pleased with my Jeep on Bull Frog & Box Canyon. It performed better than I expected....

Thanks Mitch, Scott, & Lesa, for guiding me through the trails.

We ran into 100 dollar man and a group of his "River" friends. It was nice to run into him out there.
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Julie,

Sorry we didn't see you out there. Everything was fine where we were today. The worst road that I've ever had to drive was Bessimer Mine road. The Jag will be hurting on 10 miles of relentless hoop-de-do's!

Dave: Thanks again for the help shooting trap. What a difference the last two times. Even with the 20ga!

Roger: What an improvement with your Jeep. Another great day.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks to all for a great day! Lesa and I had a blast! (Pun intended!) Shooting was fun and the trail ride at the end was great. The weather was nice but, todays company was the best!! So, thanks again to all of you for another great day!

Scott & Lesa
            "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

:thumbs_up Mitch ,where's the pic's of Roger with those new Bad A$$ tires and lift on Jeep Eater?Looks like you all had a good Sat. :beer:
              Dennis and Tammy
              Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Dennis,

As Scott and I described your tippy situation nose down the Jeep Eater, we decided to skip it for today. Next time.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                  Lila's growing up too fast! Dang Max, we gotta get together sometime soon. Before ya know it, Lila is gonna be driving your Jeep.
                  [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                  Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                  [/COLOR]

Comment

Ooohh la la....guns and jeeps; very nice

I See Detroit's in My Future:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                      Dennis,

As Scott and I described your tippy situation nose down the Jeep Eater, we decided to skip it for today. Next time.

Mitch
                      LOL,You should a just took him for a little follow the leader.
                      Dennis and Tammy
                      Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Working...
                      X