Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Central Valley Wheelin???

Looks like I'm going to be heading up to Oakdale, CA for Thanksgiving and spending a few days up there. Wanted to see if anyone, who wouldn't mind a tag along, was planning to run any trails up in that area over the weekend. I'm not looking for anything too difficult as I need to be able to make the 300 mile trek home after the weekend. Last time I was up there during the summer I ran Eagle Peak which was really more of a fire road . . . I was by myself so it was okay, but I'd like to do one of the other trails in the area like Slickrock or Niagara Rim, but I'm not even sure if the trails are open, what they are like this time of year, and based on what I've seen in the Wells book, I don't think I'd want to be up there alone. Totally open to other ideas as well as I don't know much at all about the trails in the area.

***Edit Sat 11/28 or Sun 11/29***
    Last edited by Schmo; 11-19-09, 10:23 PM.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Or maybe something like Bald Mountain or Brewer Lake on Sunday 11/29 :dunno:

Comment

I might be down for a run on bald. I'll have to get back to you.

Comment

Brewer Lake
        Closed. All the trail except Bald Mt. close on Nov 1 every year.
        1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Let's try to meet at dinkey creek rd and rock creek rd. (heading toward the trailhead) at 10am on sun (11/29). I'll be on CB ch 4 or my cell, but I doubt that I will have service. Everyone is welcome. Sorry for the last minute response.
          -Matt

Comment

Schmo,
            Give me a call when you can to let me know if you can still make it. I sent my cell # to you in a pm a few days ago.
            -Matt

Comment

Sorry didn't see this til I got back. Wouldn't have been able to make it anyway as my Jeep started acting up on the way home and has me scratching my head, and preparing to open the wallet.

Comment

That's alright, I didn't end up going. My girlfriend wasn't feeling well. Maybe next time.

Comment

Working...
                X