[COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]cowtown1[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]Deepwater[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]GP4Play[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]mrthieba[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]Nipple Twister[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]Russ Chung[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]TDS SD[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]adjeepfreek[/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000][/COLOR][COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000]Lumpy Grits[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    [COLOR=black][COLOR=#660000][/COLOR]John, Robert & Linda - Guests[/COLOR]
    and yours truly.

I didn't get all the spouse & children's names but I was happy to see there were quite a few.

We had quite a large number of Vet's in attendance and at the driver's meeting we gave them a round of applause.

The weather was cloudy all day and probably the high temperature was around 70f. The only other off-road traffic we saw was two dirt bike riders and a contractor's pickup. We had the place to ourselves.

Sadly adjeepfreek and to drop out early due to mechanical problems. Scott, avjeepfreek received a call from him to let us know he got home safe & sound.

Some of the spots we hit were:
    Double AA mine
    Quill Spring.
    Ridge above quill spring with an awesome view to the north & west.
    Joker Spring
    Anita Mine
    Rock Cabin in Ords.

One of the trails I planned on taking the group on ran through the mountains between Double AA Min & Quill Spring. The USGS Topo map showed it going all the way through. The middle section was just a goat trail on the side of the mountian and we were not able to take it. I wanted to pre-run it but I never had a chance to.

So we fell back to plan B and took the long way around to Quill spring.

All in all it was a great day with great people. We hit the pavement around 4:00 PM or so.

I did not bring a camera but those that did will be posting photos I hope!

Stay tuned kids, we'll be planning the third annual Vets Run!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Sounds like a great run! I wish that I could have joined you, but work just wouldn't let me. I'm definitely looking forward to the pics!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Hey guys and gals, me and amanda had a great time with all of you. True we could not complete the ride but hopefully the next one we will. A few details as to what mechanical problems i had, once we got it home and in the garage i got it up on the lift and noticed that my u-joints had started to come apart, also i had sprung an oil leak which was attributed to the seal on the dip stick and an o-ring on the block. All was fixed in approximately two hours. Again thanks for having us and to the vet's thank you.
      IT'S A JEEP THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND:gun:

Comment

Here are some pictures (please let me know if I got the names wrong):

Justin (4xfiend):

Harry (adjeepfreek) USMC 2000-2004:

Scott (avjeepfreek) USAF 1985-1995:

Mike (cowtown1):

Mike (Deepwater) US Army 1970-1972:

Dennis (GP4Play) USMC 1976-1980:

Mat (mrthieba):

John (Nipple Twister):

Roger:

Russ Chung US Army 1967-1996:

George (TDS SD) USN 1953-1976:

Lumpy (Lumpy Grits):

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
        KI6MLU

Comment

Roger,Thank you for a great day.Tammy and I had a lot a fun,and it was so cool to meet everyone.Was glad to hear Harry made it home ok and that the Jeep fix is done,hope to run with you again.Thanks again to Roger and everyone for a fun day.
          Dennis and Tammy
          Dennis and Tammy
          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Some pictures of the group in the Ord Mountains:

Lumpy Grits' white CJ-7, 4xfiend's steel blue TJ, John Becker's blue Rubi, Russ Chung's khaki TJ:

Roger's black CJ-7 followed by GP4Play's black CJ-5, Deepwater's yellow Rubi, cowtown1's silver TJ, mrthieba's silver Rubi:

Roger's black CJ-7 followed by GP4Play's black CJ-5, Deepwater's yellow Rubi, cowtown1's silver TJ (hidden), mrthieba's silver Rubi, TDS SD's blue YJ:

Roger's black CJ-7 followed by GP4Play's black CJ-5, Deepwater's yellow Rubi, cowtown1's silver TJ:

If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
            KI6MLU

Comment

It must of been a very cool site with all the Jeeps running around with flags on Veterans Day. And thanks to all who have served or are currently in our armed forces.

Comment

Looks like a nice way to spend a Wednesday. Thanks to those who served our country! And Roger, don't say "Goat Path" like it's a bad thing.

Mitch

Comment

Hello all, Sorry I held you up in the morning! Lesa and I had a great time! I can't think of a better way to spend your Birthday than out with friends on the trail! What a great bunch of people! Thanks again to all of our military personnel "Past and Present" who gave us this freedom and the ability to enjoy our great lands. You truly are the best!

Roger, thanks for setting this up and leading us, and BTW your Jeep looks great with those 33's! You Rock!

I was extreamly pleased with the preformance of my Jeep after getting all of my upgrades installed. The 4.88's were just the ticket for my little 4 banger. I was able to do most of the trail in 2 wheel drive or 4 High (which I would have never been able to do before!) and while I never got to use the full e-locker today, the LSD part of my locker seemed to work just perfectly! can't wait to get'er out and really put'er to the test!

Hope to see all of you again real soon! You all Rock!

Scott & Lesa
                  "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

My family and I had a great time yesterday. Thank you Roger for putting this run on and leading it, and an even bigger thank you to all of the veterans for your service.

It was truly an awesome sight seeing a long line of Jeeps rolling down the road, flags proudly flying. My kids had a blast and did their part to keep the desert clean by picking up lots of bullet casings to bring home.

All in all a great day with great people.

Most of my pics are of my kids, but this one definitely tells how great a day it was:

"The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Nice. Looks like it was a great time!!
                      "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

We both had allot of fun!
                        Respectfully,
                        LG
                        Hav'n you along, is like loose'n 2 good men....

Comment

Here are some pics I took.

Airing down

AA mine

Missed getting a pic at the spring(forgot name).This was above it

and above us

Over the shoulder shots

Rock house in the desert

Mine,top of hill is a cross.

Only one with the spirt to climb it was Lesa,never did find out what it said
                          Dennis and Tammy
                          Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Salute to all.....past and present....

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_0053.jpg
                            Reflections of Ol' Glory

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/IMG_0060.jpg
                            American Jeepers

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...s/MineMice.jpg
                            Mine Tenents

Roger, Respectfully proud to be a part of such a memorial (sp?) day....thank you all.....
                            John & Kristi

Comment

Great pics!! Wish we could have made it. Horray for the Veterans!
                              :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Working...
                              X