X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bald mountain trail?

anyone been on the bald mountain trail?
    Last edited by TJ Jake; 11-10-09, 11:16 AM. Reason: wrong login
    We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Originally posted by TJ Jake View Post
    anyone been on the bald mountain trail?
    Howdy! Do you mean the Bald Mountain trail near Shaver Lake, CA? If so, I have driven it.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

What's the trail like? I've heard great but kinda scary things about Dusy and Ershim . . . is this on the same level when it comes to scenery and trail difficulty?
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Yes, the one by Shaver lake.

It's not a hard trail at all, a stock XJ will do it easily. It has a great view from the top of the mountain of the whole lake. Heres the only picture I have of the view:
        We tried to make the world idiot proof. Now we just have a world full of idiots.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]The Bald Mt trail is rated Difficult, I believe. I've run it a couple of times in the JK. There is nothing extreme on the trail - nothing on it to compare to the Dusy or Swamp Lake. THe BM is suitable for the average street/trail vehicle.

It is one of the most scenic and fun trails in Calif. though, and well worth the time to run it. BM is one to couple with Strawberry Lake trail, or Brewer Lake trail for a full days run.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Trail Report

Here's the link to my trail report from back in July of 2008. It's a nice trail with some respectable obstacles, but I wouldn't say that it is very difficult. My wife and drove the trail alone with no issues and only one place that I asked Sharon to spot for me.

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...=bald+mountain
            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
            [/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
            X