Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Rowher Trail Reopens

More than a dozen Jeeps attended the run celebrating the reopening of the Rowher OHV area on Sunday, November 8, 2009. The area has been closed since last year due to the Buckweed fire. I didn't get everyone's name (sorry!) but here are some of the MJR members who were on the run:
    Larry (DogMan - trail leader)
    Geeb (Geebo)
    Joe (Schmo)
    Slim (Santa Ana Slim)
    Al (The Al Mighty)
    Jeff and Robyn (RallyeX)
    David (Baja Sixer)
    Rick and Donna (Rickashay)
    David (Mr. Orange)
    JP (CJ-JP)
    John (xThread)
    and myself (Russ Chung)

The Forest Service has bulldozed the trail, so the first obstacle at the Bouquet Canyon end of the trail is gone:

For camparison, this is a video I took of Sandy Reshes (SandyR) at the same spot in August, 2007. (Sandy wasn't on the run this weekend):

David (Baja Sixer):

JP (CJ-JP):

Geeb (Geebo):

Rick and Donna (Rickashay):

David (Mr. Orange):

Joe (Schmo):

Jeff (RallyeX) at the Rock Pile being spotted by Larry (DogMan):

David (Mr. Orange) climbing the extra credit hill while JP (CJ-JP) spots him from the top:

Lookout Trail. I'm not sure of the identity of the first Jeep, followed by Jeff and Robyn (RallyeX) in the yellow TJ, David (Baja Sixer) in the gray CJ-6, Slim (Santa Ana Slim) in the yellow TJ, JP (CJ-JP) in the blue CJ-7:

This is the hill where JP broke his rear diff. JP is starting up the hill in his blue CJ-7, while Jeff and Robyn (RallyeX) are nearing the top of the hill in their yellow Rubi. RallyeX is at about the spot where JP broke his diff.

Last edited by Russ Chung; 11-09-09, 02:33 PM.
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Had a great time out there with ya all. Good meeting some of you for the first time and having a chance to wheel with the rest of you again. Lookin' forward to the next run. Sure is nice to see a trail re-opening for a change . . . thanks to the AAT Club for all their hard work. The trail is definitely easier now compared to the last time I'd run it, most of the rough patches were graded and now it's just mostly steep, but I think David reminded us of how Rowher can still take a bite out of you if you don't watch out . . . luckily he only got close (pretty damn close) to ending up on his lid and was able to recover. Hopefully Dana will post up the video of that one!!! Can't wait for some rain to hit . . . we'll have to post up another run come that time and see if we can't dig the trail up a bit and restore it to it's prior glory!!! Hopefully WombRaider's Jeep will be ready by then . . . them 40's especially in the mud should dig things up and make the trail a bit more interesting for the rest of us
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I have come to the realization it will never be finished.

looks like a good crowd.

Looks like I missed a good trip
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Nice report Russ thanks, had a great time on the run with the MJR crew as always. It is not as much fun leading the run you dont get to see any of the rigs running the trail, just what you can catch in the rearview mirror... Larry

Comment

WhiteWall Wipes

I saw this ad, and I immediately realized that Jeff (RallyeX) and David (Mr. Orange) should see this!!
          http://www.WhitewallWipes.com

You had to be on the run to understand---
          If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
          KI6MLU

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post
            I saw this ad, and I immediately realized that Jeff (RallyeX) and David (Mr. Orange) should see this!!

LOL . . . Nice!!! Yeah I think Dave might have a new nickname after that run . . . GO Whitewall GO!!!!!

Come on Dana where's the video??? :dunno:

Comment

LMAO!!! Finally so thats what everyone was yellin at David when he was climbing the extra credit hills I did not put it together until I just read this...lol..GO Whitewall!!!!
              "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Originally posted by Russ Chung View Post

Perfect!!! with Christmas just around the corner, good find Russ.
                Had a great time, good group.
                No such thing as finished in the Jeep world Josh, just get it to roll.

Comment

holy crap!!!! three days later and I'm still hearin' it??!

oh...and the wipes, already got em. They came with the tires.
                  David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                  I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

i have an awesome video of the "go whitewallll gooo" on my blackberry. i will upload it!! soo funny!
                    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

Dana "Poolside" took a mess of pics and also caught Dave's climb on video . . . too funny!!! He brought over a disc with all the pic/clips, but I forgot to take it out of his laptop when he left. He caught the whole climb along with all the audio . . . we were cracking up . . . the "You can do it Whitewall . . . I know you can . . . Go Whitewall" . . . all the sudden turns to "NO Whitewall NO"!!!

Comment

i know, i laughed so hard, especially at the NO WHITEWALL NOO!! !! with a bit of grimace because i also have white walls ...haha good times
                        It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Comment

to those who are wonderin....about the infamous whitewall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9pc4Uzds0
                          Last edited by Notstuckyet; 11-11-09, 10:13 PM. Reason: bad link

Comment

:devil:Thank You....

:devil:Thank You very much

:devil:Thank You,all....you're all too kind....
                            David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
                            I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Notstuckyet View Post
                              to those who are wonderin....about the infamous whitewall

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb9pc4Uzds0
                              I had to take Dramaine to watch it. Then I realized the the camera was mounted on the back of a camel.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X