Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Snake Pit and Others

We met a few friends from Arizona and ran some of their local trails between Bison Rd. and the airport. Lance (black CJ) and I (yellow TJ) are from the High Desert, Rick (black TJ) and Randy (white TJ) are from Phoenix and Tracy (yellow crawler) and Richard (orange crawler) live in Lake Havasu. Tracy and Richard called these trails a 1.5 out of 5, maybe for them. What a great area to explore and thanks guys for showing us around. My first picture post so I hope the Photobucket link works.http://s203.photobucket.com/albums/a...view=slideshow

Cool pic's,thanks for sharing.That looks like cool place to explore.
    Dennis and Tammy
    Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Doug,

Nice pictures. Easy trails to the Havasu guy's are a little different than our easy trails!

Comment

I'm not familiar with the area yet. But, I hope to explore it real soon. Any chance that you have GPS coordinates for the trail head or a .gpx file that you can share?
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

I did not have GPS but I'll check with the other guys. I have a vacation shack in Havasu but have not explored the area as much as I would like. The trail that they call Snake Pit is behind the airport at the south end. Another great trail was above and south of Bison Rd. For our group, at least one day is dedicated to wheeling to the Desert Bar (the Nellie E Saloon on the web). We are planning another trip right after Christmas if you're interested.
          Last edited by calkid; 11-12-09, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Just posted lots of new pictures. Many of these are from the area between Cherry tree and Bison Road.

Comment

Those are some great pictures. I really want to go do some of those trails. Do you guys have a date yet when your going back?
              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

We are looking at some time after Christmas. The next trip will probably be to the Parker and Desert Bar area for some mine exploring. I know that our friends from Phoenix are ready to go again.

Comment

Thanks for the updated pics Doug. We are looking to head back sometime in January at the latest, but I wouldn't rule out something around New Years. Its amazing how deceiving the pics really are, some of that stuff was pretty wild!

Comment

I spent T-day week out there exploring those same areas. Found several really difficult trails out there. It's neat that so many trails are so close to town. Yea, some of them are wild! I could see going back out for New Years and/or MLK jr. weekend (Jan 16-18).

Comment

Working...
                    X