Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Fissure Mt Trail - JV

[COLOR="Blue"]Well we had a great run in the desert today, the weather was perfect and we had a great group of folks come out. We started with 12 vehicles and ended with 16. Somewhere between Means dry lake and Fissure our group grew.

The trails proved to be pretty challenging for most, but we did the whole run with no breakage or problems. Fissure Mt turned out to be a very cool trail with great views and plenty of challenge. This trail I'm sure will be run again sometime in the future.

Thanks for all who attended. it was great company. The kids that came along had a fun time playing in all the sand out there. Something I'm sure they will always remember.

Slideshow link
    http://s304.photobucket.com/albums/n...view=slideshow

A Few pix of the trails.

MK[/COLOR]

THE STONE CABIN

THE SAND HILL

THE FISSURE MT TRAIL

THE SAND SLIDE HILL

Last edited by mkjeepers; 11-07-09, 09:19 PM.

Thanks for the great pics, Mike!

And thank you very much for putting this run together and leading us all through--- I always enjoy your trail runs. We had an awesome time!

It was a good group and it was nice to meet some new peeps!

Looking forward to the next one!!!

Comment

Mike,

Thanks for a cool run. It was nice to see so many new faces! Another great MJR run.

Mitch

Comment

run

just rolled into the big o.c. .thanks alot mike for the awsome run today .great peeps and perfect weather.i think it took me longer to go down bear valley than it did to get home .thanks again and cant wait for the next one .

Comment

Good fun, got back home bout 30mins ago. Kids already asking when im taking them again. Awesome Canyon gave them a little shock but once we got rolling it was all good.
          "It's Not Rocket Surgery"

Comment

Here are some photo's from the run. I have a few videos clips for later. Thanks Curtis for the passenger seat. Most awesome.

Mitch

Awesome Canyon

Fissure Mountain Trail

Comment

A couple of video clips.

Mitch

Randy at the Awesome Canyon

Last edited by Mitch; 11-07-09, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Looks like a heck of a fun time, great pics guys

Comment

Great pics, guys. Awesome Canyon looks like fun!
                  "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Tailgunner report

What a beautiful day in the desert. Started with 12 vehicles, and pickup 4 more as we started the fissure trail. Nice scenic trail, and the views on top of the mountains were spectacular. You could see for miles. Had my brother with me, who hadn't been out Jeeping in years, and we had a good time watching after others and helping where we could. Really a good group of people. This was a fun run, with just a couple of challenges thrown in to get the juices flowing. Mike, Randy, Curtis, Fred, Mitch, good to see you all again. Kevin.

Comment

Had a great time yesterday and thanks mike for putting the run together. Thanks to Kevin for taking care of the guys in rear of the group. Was great seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Always nice having you ride along mitch. Even though every line I picked was wrong, you hung in there.hehe
                      IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

kudos to you sir for a fantastic report and great pics. see you on the trails again soon.

Comment

Great Run

Mike, awesome pictures as always and a fun interesting run. I enjoyed meeting all the folks on the ride.

Mitch, great pics and flics.
                          "They look Friendly" G. Custer

Comment

Had a great time.Mike thank you agin for the lead. You never disappoint with the trails you come up with.It was good to see old friends and meet new ones,and the pic's were great
                            You can make it

Comment

Looks like you all had a great time. What size was the smallest tire in your group?
                              2004 TJ X
                              Callsign: KJ6DHG

Comment

Working...
                              X