Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Los Planetas

Since 2004, our club was able to sort all difficulties doing “Los Planetas” trail, but this year, they had so much rain over there that the trail is not longer doable, the flash floods take it away…they chicken out, but it was the smartest decision ever…

http://www.yopo4x4.com/index.php?mod=gally&id=2&eid=353

hola

suerte la de uds. esos paisajes, carreteras que tiene venezuela. que se sigan divetiendo
    un heramno peruano roberto calvera

Comment

Begnadigen Sie mein Eindringen, aber ich glaube, dass Englisch die Standardsprache dieses Forums ist. Wenn Sie in einer anderen Sprache in Verbindung stehen möchten, schlage ich vor, dass Sie eine private Mitteilung senden.

Thanks for the update, Roberto.
      holes = cowbell

Comment

ok,

i was tell then how nice venezuela trails are, front a brother robert, how is that,

Comment

muy bueno, gracias
          holes = cowbell

Comment

Nice pictures!

Too bad there was no way to get past some of those obstacles. It looks like it would have led to some spectacular places.

Christian
            "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Comment

Thanks for posting this up, Roberto . . . it's interesting to see the different types of terrain/trails that are found in other areas. Do these trails ever dry out much?

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post
              Begnadigen Sie mein Eindringen, aber ich glaube, dass Englisch die Standardsprache dieses Forums ist. Wenn Sie in einer anderen Sprache in Verbindung stehen möchten, schlage ich vor, dass Sie eine private Mitteilung senden.

Netter Arbeitkumpel! Wäre es möglich für Sie, wie ein größeres Werkzeug zu handeln? Dies ist das Internet. . . Nicht Ihr Wohnzimmer.
              Last edited by Schmo; 12-16-09, 10:18 AM.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Considering the Venezuelan government's strong anti-U.S. posture, I would wonder what kind of problems and hangups an American might have to deal with down there. Getting stuck on the trail is one thing, but getting stuck in a Venezuelan jail would be another.

Schmo, you're not baiting me into another one. You're not worth my time.
                holes = cowbell

Comment

Well, they have so much rain over there that you never know… even the main cities collapses under heavy rain (standard)… but on dry season, could be as hot as any desert place around here…close to the 100 degrees, but no so bad…

Average temperature during the year… 70-75 degrees…

The first year, back in 2004, they did it like in 4 days; it was planned for two…
                  The helicopter was called to bring spare parts for the Jeep… How cool is that?
                  Yeah, I know what you think, wealthy people… but with a few cents a gallon of fuel, who cares about having a ride in the helicopter? A big boat, airplane or any other toy?

Over there, you bought your own law… so, if you are in jail, is because you have no money… and you have no clue how to point someone else as guilty… sucks, but is true…

Jeeeps4all, Spanish is ok with me, but no so great for other people, so try to avoid it or use it via MP… is that OK?

Comment

question:
                    Considering the Venezuelan government's strong anti-U.S posture...

Why in the world all their oil ends up here? funny...
                    and our dollars overthere... hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Miranda View Post
                      question:
                      Considering the Venezuelan government's strong anti-U.S posture...

Why in the world all their oil ends up here? funny...
                      and our dollars overthere... hmmm
                      Yes, it is funny, but that's politics I guess--nothing honest or straightforward about it. I suspect that when China and India come knocking for Venezuela's oil, we'll find out how much of Chavez's rhetoric is only posturing and how much is sincere.
                      holes = cowbell

Comment

that is not going to happen...

just imagine freight expenses...
                        Venezuela - USA... pennies...
                        Venezuela - China, or India... priceless...

China or India will take the Arabic ones... we need to worry about those...

Comment

Originally posted by inVERt'D View Post

While I think it is wonderful that you speak Spanish and can write it as well, the OP as Hispanic as he is, posted in English.

If you like to post in Spanish, please translate it into English for the rest of us.

Roberto, I apologize for doing this in your thread.

Great post... Keep bringing this info to us!
                          >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                          ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Miranda View Post
                            Well, they have so much rain over there that you never know… even the main cities collapses under heavy rain (standard)… but on dry season, could be as hot as any desert place around here…close to the 100 degrees, but no so bad…

Average temperature during the year… 70-75 degrees…
                            I really like the pics on slides 3 and 4 . . . so different from what we have out here . . . might be a bit creepy though wondering what lurks in the mist or behind those bushes! Sure looks slick . . . hard to think you'd get much traction.
                            That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                            X