Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troy,

The trail that heads to Willis Wells is blocked and posted "Private Property". That 40 acre spot was recently for sale for $100,000. I had the owners name and number and was going call and see about permission to visit this historic spot. This is the kind of spot that private ownership should not be allowed.

Mitch

Comment

great well at least that explains why I haven't seen any close up pictures of the area.
      interesting to know its owned. i thought that was BLM land out there. but i suppose that makes sense since it was a ranch back in the day and not just a mine claim retaining mineral rights only.
      KB1UTG (keep being one ultimate tough guy)

Comment

I'm going to check out this area this weekend. tried last weekend but ended up running north through to I-40 instead. Will be setting up camp around Anderson Dry Lake.

Some friends wanted to take their bikes and quads out there so we're taking the toy hauler and quads also. Another buddy wanted to take his Cherokee so he's going to bringing the jeeps out on his lowboy trailer . I'd rather be Jeeping than riding the quads anyways . Just thought I'd post this up in case anyone happens to be out there. Will be checking out Ord Mountain this weekend for the first time.

If anyone is out that way stop by and say hi, or at least honk while driving by so we'll know you read this. Our camp will have a Dodge hooked to a long lowboy trailer parked in it, a white Dodge dually hooked to a Extreme toy hauler and a white Expedition hooked to a gearbox toy hauler.

Comment

Well, I'm kinda looking for taking the Jeep out tomorrow. I never go around to posting anything up. Maybe I'll look you up. I assume you'll be fairly close to Camp Rock Rd?
          SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
          MJR moderator
          MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
          Jeep Patrol Leader
          Reforestation Supervisor
          Licensed Ham - n6ujm
          Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
            Well, I'm kinda looking for taking the Jeep out tomorrow. I never go around to posting anything up. Maybe I'll look you up. I assume you'll be fairly close to Camp Rock Rd?
            Sorry Roger I left out pretty quick on Friday never saw your post. Yeah I was just off to the right as you make your way into Anderson dry lake on Camp Rock Rd. Didn't see many Jeeps while out running around. There was a green TJ with tube front fenders parked just to the west of our camp.

Comment

Here's some pic's of our trip.

trail kinda disapeared here.

Yeah I'm the scary looking guy driving I think that pic was taken right when i ask my Brother how's it looking and he said good if you don't like paint. LOL You can see in the rest of the pic's i kicked him out of the Jeep for awhile.

sorry about the big pic's it was not my camera. Will post the rest after i resize them.

Comment

Working...
              X