Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Lucerne to Johnson Valley Exploring

Went out today with John (Nippletwister), Scott and Lesa (avjeepfreek), Scott and Norma (Dezertdog), John and his wife, and the great88. Everyone wanted to see the Lucerne mine things that I have been going to lately as well as some of the Johnson Valley stuff. We hit the Silver Reef Mine area, the Lester/Dale Mining area, Arrastra Canyon, and a few more.

Next we headed to Johnson Valley to see the Rock Corral, The Spring, The Rock Cabin and the Johnson Valley Petroglyphs.

A fantastic day exploring and wandering around the desert. A great group of friends with similar goals, go out and have fun being outdoors in the fresh air!

Thanks you everyone for joining today. Be sure to see the special canyon pictures at the end!!!!!

Mitch

Checking out some of the mines

Looking down from the Partin Limestone Mine at the group below

Another Mine

Looking up at the "Suicide Slide" in Arrastra Canyon

Lunch break

The Spring in Johnson Valley

Now for the fun trail!!!!!

A quick look ahead

I went first

I turned around before the last obsticle / Playing it safe / Next was Scoot (Dezertdog) who hammered it right thru. We ran for safety cause he went so fast! I could barely take pictures between the slamming and banging! But he did it open diff both directions!

A little different line than mine

Next we went to the petroglyphs

Lesa on the sand sled!

Next we went to the Rock Cabin

John ordering a "cold one" at the Rock Cabin

Last edited by Mitch; 10-17-09, 08:31 PM.

Here's some video

Coming down from the Partin Limestone Mine

Scott (Dezertdog) in the special canyon / No this is not speeded up! run for your life!!!!

Approaching the special canyon

Last edited by Mitch; 10-17-09, 09:45 PM.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Mitch you must have seen my tracks through there. My daughter and I went up the canyon on Wednesday. Awesome area to explore. I've been thinking of posting a run through there sometime soon. Looks like a fun time you'all had.[/COLOR]

Last edited by mkjeepers; 10-17-09, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Mike,

I ran that section a few months back, but I stopped short of using the locker today, and possibly splitting up the group. Would have felt better with a vehicle in front of me. So much more to explore in that area. We should set up a run that includes that loop as well as New Dixie Mine Road.

Mitch

Mitch

Comment

Great time!

As always Mitch, That was a blast!
          Too much fun for 1 day. Lots of sightseeing & hiking with a sprinkling of Jeepin challenge.
          Hey Scott, Looks like you are enjoyin the ride!:haha:
          [IMG][/IMG]
          I know I did. Thanks for riding shotgun.
          That was a great day in the desert. And the weather went out of it's way to be right ON!

Norma & I are both very glad we made this one. Hope there's more in the future.
          (after I take care of my chores)

Scott

Comment

Another great day to add to the list.....

.........thanks for letting me tag along, was a great day with great company. Kids slept all the way home.:thumbs_up
            John & Kristi

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
              Mike,

I ran that section a few months back, but I stopped short of using the locker today, and possibly splitting up the group. Would have felt better with a vehicle in front of me. So much more to explore in that area. We should set up a run that includes that loop as well as New Dixie Mine Road.

Mitch

Mitch
              [COLOR="Blue"]Funny you should mention it, Clarissa and I just did a pre-run to that. We started at the Awesome cyn, then we took the "Junk Car" trail then through New Dixie then down Rattlesnake. This would be a great run for those that haven't been through the area.

I was also thinking of doing a JV Loop run for the more 4x adventureous......doing that Awesome canyon, then over Fissure Mt, then over Fry Mt. and over the Mt above Anderson Dry lake finishing at Camp Rock Rd.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey guy's, Lesa and I had a great time today! Mitch, Thanks for leading us and thanks to all for the great company and a wonderful day of Jeeping!

Scott I did have a blast riding shotgun with you in the "Special Canyon", You sure can drive that Jeep! I'll get my pic's up soon!

Scott
                "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

[QUOTE=mkjeepers;146822
                  I was also thinking of doing a JV Loop run for the more 4x adventureous......doing that Awesome canyon, then over Fissure Mt, then over Fry Mt. and over the Mt above Anderson Dry lake finishing at Camp Rock Rd.

[/QUOTE]

Mike,
                  This sounds like a great time, I'd like to put in my reservation for this one.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                    Mike,
                    This sounds like a great time, I'd like to put in my reservation for this one.

Scott
                    [COLOR="Blue"]I'll start a new thread. I was thinking Nov 7th.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

As always Mitch, That was a blast!
                      Too much fun for 1 day. Lots of sightseeing & hiking with a sprinkling of Jeepin challenge.
                      Hey Scott, Looks like you are enjoyin the ride!:haha:
                      [IMG][/IMG]
                      I know I did. Thanks for riding shotgun.
                      That was a great day in the desert. And the weather went out of it's way to be right ON!

Norma & I are both very glad we made this one. Hope there's more in the future.
                      (after I take care of my chores)

Scott

Looks like I really missed out Scott, never even made Mogfest.
                      Build it right the first time.

Comment

JOSH! You finally signed on to MJR.
                        Glad to see you over here.
                        We're going to have to add you to the secret handshake update list.

Later,
                        Scott

Comment

JOSH! You finally signed on to MJR.
                          Glad to see you over here.
                          We're going to have to add you to the secret handshake update list.

Later,
                          Scott
                          :geek:

Comment

Working...
                          X