Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Pleasant Canyon loop question..........

I'll be doing "half the loop" next weekend with a friend who does not like off camber/ shelf roads. I did the complete loop about 6 mo. ago....and I cannot remember anything the least bit scary from Ballarat to Rogers pass....we will be taking the "old" road in, (brush, spring). Planing on spending the night at the world beater, or Rita's. I don't want my friend to freak out on anything going up that trail, so does my memory serve me correctly? A "cake walk" up Pleasant canyon??????:bonk:
    :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

If my memory serves me I think you are correct, going up is a really great, it is the other half of loop coming down, that has the SQUEEZE and the shelf road.
    06 UNL RUBI 4.5 LA,KM 2-35's/ 4.88 BEADLOCKS/SKIDS/WINCH
    07 AT CHASER TRAILER

Comment

He'll be fine on Pleasant Canyon. Be prepared to pull over a lot on the way down. There are always a lot of Jeeps on this trail this time of year.
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Hmmmmm.....Your friend? I feel lucky to be that guy. I'll deal with what ever comes up on the first half of the loop. By then I'll have great brakes and extra parts and the thought of hickory smoke and big thick steaks and a nice Cab will get me thru. I can't wait for Saturday.

Mitch

Comment

Saturday there will definitely be a group going up Pleasant! I highly recommend going across Middle Park to the overlook. You'll be overlooking Stripped Butte, Geology Cabin, Mengle Pass, etc. Very nice.

Not too good of a pic, but gives you a perspective view:

Comment

Hell, maybe I can get my friend to the Thorndyke mine.....that would cover 3/4 of the loop, and check out that view!

Comment

Well,

4 new tires and a new fancy aftermarket master cylinder so I have back brakes and I'm ready to go. I'll do a write up on the master cylinder if it proves to be the end of my brake problems. I should get it delivered back home late tonight from my mechanic.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                Well,

4 new tires and a new fancy aftermarket master cylinder so I have back brakes and I'm ready to go. I'll do a write up on the master cylinder if it proves to be the end of my brake problems. I should get it delivered back home late tonight from my mechanic.

Mitch

Good call on Ken's part. It should solve your issue. :thumbs_up

Comment

Ken called me at 8:00pm and said that everything was done. He said that the pedal "feel" is much improved and that braking is firm and secure. Ken also said that if the brakes are stomped on, all 4 tires will lock up! This will be nice to finally have rear brakes.

Mitch

Comment

Ken called me at 8:00pm and said that everything was done. He said that the pedal "feel" is much improved and that braking is firm and secure. Ken also said that if the brakes are stomped on, all 4 tires will lock up! This will be nice to finally have rear brakes.

Mitch
                    [COLOR="Blue"]Does this mean you'll be doing the JV run coming up??[/COLOR]

Comment

Does this meen you will be doing the entire loop?

Comment

Mitch
                        Glad it worked out. I heard the MC was a weak point.

So, it stops on a dime huh or at least a small rock

Comment

Mike: I would do it in a heart beat but I can't face the "sand slide" at the end of Fissure Mountain. And before you try....I already know that there is not a bypass.

Dave: The whole loop? Ah Ah.......NO! Nice try.

Ron: I'll do a report after the trip, the Master Cylinder was the only change so I don't know if the original just got tired or if it just sucked all along.

Mitch

Comment

A Mutch these down hills are easy let gravity and your right foot do the work

Comment

Mike: I would do it in a heart beat but I can't face the "sand slide" at the end of Fissure Mountain. And before you try....I already know that there is not a bypass.

Mitch
                              [COLOR="Blue"]There is a bypass Mitch! Sledgehammer canyon!![/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                              X