Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: goin to vegas!

Hey everyone, wasnt sure exactly where to put this post. mods feel free to move it to a better spot. but here goes.

I am going to vegas for my birthday, november 21st. and yes im turning 21. now the really important thing, is jeep parts!!!! is there any places in vegas i could go to get some parts? tub mounted rock rails being my #1 thing on my list right now. currently the cnd dollar is almost on par with the U.S dollar, and that coupled with the fact i can just bring the parts back with me on the airplane and save on shipping, leads me to want to go on a shopping spree. any advice would be great, also if anyone would like to meet up in vegas i will be there from the 21st untill 1am on the 25th.

Tub mounted rock rails WEIGH A LOT!!! You probably will want to ship them instead of taking them on the plane.
    BTW, check out the Savvy rockers
    http://www.savvyoffroad.com/
    If you don't like the way I drive, stay out of the bushes!
    KI6MLU

Comment

there are weight limits on luggage now and fees are not friendly. ground shipping is the way to go
      You can lead a horse to water, but it might drown

Comment

Well fly out and into Seattle and drive across the border with the goodies in the trunk. Not a lot of border control there due to the volume of traffic

Comment

Turning 21 and going to Vegas? heres a tidbit of advise, finish your shopping before you do ANYthing else.

Comment

If your check in bag weighs over 65-70 Lbs. you get charged a fee on top of the normal fee for the checked bag. It would probably be about $100. It would probably be cost beneficial to have them shipped. Your carry on bag has to weigh even less. I would check with your airline to be sure.

Good Luck,

Chuck
            I'll keep my money, guns and freedom...you can keep the "Change".

Comment

:cake: happy birthday! and in vegas? :beer: :devil:

the good news is that most hotels will ship the stuff for you! you have to pay for them to do it, but they will, or you can go to the parts store and buy the stuff and have them ship it, some parts places might even do this for free...

I am not sure what stores there are around there though, but there has to be a 4wd parts somewhere in the Vegas/ Henderson area... have fun!
              :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Stop by Rick's while you are in town and say hello!!!
                That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

i have been planing this trip for 3 years. and it just came to me that maybe i could find some jeep parts. are there any cool jeep related things to do? like a rental place??? for rock crawling or something?

Comment

A bunch of us will be at Johnson Valley about 2.5 hours from Vegas. You could grab an empty seat and have some fun!
                    http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

what days are ya going to be there???? at 21 can i rent a car so i can come and meet up??? that would be cool, some real rock crawling

Comment

Working...
                      X