Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Mine exploring east of Lucerne

Please check out this post with discretion. This morning I waited in Apple Valley for Scott (avjeepfreek) to leave for work so I could sneek over and grab his wife Lesa and go mine exploring while he was at work. If you see or talk to him just play dumb like you don't know anything about this. We hit some old ones and some new ones. Awesome weather today.

Silver Reef Mine

Lester / Dale Mining Camp

Lesa checking the old mill at Lester / Dale

Gate Keeper in training

This is one canyon to the west / Sweet canyon and mines

Lesa crossing the plank to the mine / No I did not follow her / Thanks for the pictures

Another one in that area

Then we hit a little road block / 5 foot drop off into this spot where the BLM land changes to Forestry

We drove up the side of a hill a 1000' on a narrow switch back trail to only find a scary caved in hole in the middle of the turn around spot. Almost like a shelf road.......Almost

Another mine in the area

Santa Fe Mine / Cyanide leaching tanks

Remember....Don't tell Scott, he thinks she was out shopping!!!

Yeah okay Mitch....
    SHhhhhh.
    Nice pix, looks like some cool mines you found. Have you been to those before?

Scott.

P.S. Norma was very upset you didn't take her too!

Comment

Scott,

I'd been to the Silver Reef and the Lester Dale before but some of those mines were off trails that I'd not run before. With having a passenger, I drove up a trail that I would have skipped if by myself. Tons of fun. Shhh........

Mitch

Comment

Nice pics Mitch! Nice cool day for a ride.

That wood on the one door looks like it's in great condition. I wonder if it was replaced? Or?

Comment

Looks like a great day. You will have to show me the mines out there.
          IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Ron: The wood seems to stay in better condition on the inside of the mines in the lower humidity of the desert side of the range. Never trust it though!

Curtis, Let me know when you are back on the trail. We have a lot to see.

Mitch

Comment

This is weird!

Mitch,

I don't remember any of this.......... Where was I at? :confused:?????????

Scott
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Working...
              X