Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Bullfrog with a little extra credit...

A fantastic day today led by Desertdog (Scott), followed by Kodiak Spirit (Jesse), AVJeep Freek (Scott & Lisa), & us (MyBrokenJeep (Randy & Carmen)) on Bullfrog!

We understand that there was going to be an invitation extended to Mitch if he could show us the secret handshake... Well, he couldn't... So, Mitch, here is the handshake...

We will be posting up some pictures and video tomorrow... If any of the other crew have pictures (Lisa we know you took hundreds!), please post them up and comment too!
    Regards,
    Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

www.youtube.com/user/MyBrokenJeep

Midweek Bullfrog

WOW! What a fun day. As always Bullfrog was a lot of fun, even though I managed to get us strayed from the trail for a little while.:hide:
    With such a small group we were able to do half the trail backwards and forwards and still get out of there in a decent time.
    Great group of people to wheel with (who knew so many are willing to call in sick:devil. Took some different lines and managed to get myself (and others) stuck a couple of times.
    I didn't have a camera so I am anxiously waiting for pix.
    Sorry Mitch, You gotta know the [COLOR="Red"]secret handshake[/COLOR], or you just can't come along!

Jesse I hope you had a good time, always enjoy wheelin with ya.

Thanks to all who attended, looking forward to the next one.

Scott

Comment

Here are a few of our pictures... Will be posting links to some videos shortly...

Scott, Scott, Lisa, and Jessie... Was a pleasure trailing with you guys! Let's do it again soon!

Readying the troops...

Mitch telling us he never received the message with the secret handshake...

Chicken Rock...

The Infamous Bullfrog...

Airing up... and looking for any carnage...

My drivers front fender (flat fenders here I come)... These 35's kept getting tucked into the fender well all day... Got to get better/bigger bump stops too!

Passenger side fender well...
      Regards,
      Randy

"An army of asses led by a lion is better than an army of lions led by an ass" George Washington

Comment

[QUOTE=mybrokenjeep;146192]Here are a few of our pictures... Will be posting links to some videos shortly...

Scott, Scott, Lisa, and Jessie... Was a pleasure trailing with you guys! Let's do it again soon!

Readying the troops...
        QUOTE]

[COLOR="Blue"]Wow that sure looked like a short trip..so how did the Cherokee do on the trail Mitch??[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey guy's,

It was great to see you all thursday morning. I thought that you would like the thought of my Grand Cherokee going on Bullfrog, but it was not going to happen.

It was also cool to see everyone on the way home also, too bad I was broke down and stranded. I now know the "secret handshake", but someone leaked some inside info to me.........Hmm.......I'll never tell. Jesse I'm glad you finally got to see the Frog!

Mitch

Comment

Saw you this morning around 11.30 am on bearvalley rd Mitch was wondering why you where driving the great 88.
            Was on my way to Hundy's to pickup lil yeller

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              Saw you this morning around 11.30 am on bearvalley rd Mitch was wondering why you where driving the great 88.
              Was on my way to Hundy's to pickup lil yeller
              Saw you driven li'l yeller back on Bear Valley this afternoon. I was in my truck though.

Scott

Comment

Yeah my lil girl is home and now it needs a couple of bandaids

Comment

Art,

I went to Big Bear for work on Thursday. Spent the day and came down and stopped at the Valero for a soda in the afternoon. As I started the Grand Cherokee and threw it in reverse I had no steering. So I figured I broke the serp belt. As I checked it, it was off but in one piece. So I called the MJR repair team (Jessie, Scott, Scott, and Randy and rounded up some help. After looking further with Jessie, We noticed that the Bracket holding the power steering unit to the engine block had busted and the steering pump was hanging loose. This was the reason that the belt came off in one piece. So AAA came and towed it to Ken's house (My mechanic). If this would have broke 20 minutes sooner I would have gone off a cliff with no steering on Hwy 18 coming down from Big Bear! Should have bought a lotto ticket.

So off to work this morning in slacks and a dress shirt, 40' with no top or doors on. Burr!

Mitch

Comment

I had a great time on that trail, every bit of the trip was a good time! it's not every run that you get to do the trail 1-1/2 times... :hide: Thanks again to everyone that showed me the trail, and for Randy showin' me how the ledge ? is done :devil: That sure is a sweet CJ, even though it's got those ugly peepers. Scott, I don't know what yer gonna do when you get yer lockers in that thing, you sure don't let it slow you down much!
                    :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Mitch, that sucks however it will still steer without the pump just takes a good wheaties breakhast. You crank it hard enough it will steer, just standing still it sucks big time

Comment

Lesa and I had a great time! Sure was nice getting out there with all of you! As soon as I can get Lesa to download the 100 or so pic's from her camera I will post some on here and get a link posted so you all can see the rest of them! She said she will make each of you a disk as well!

Scott, Thanks for leading us! Your a great trail boss!

Scott, Jesse, Randy and Carmen, it was great to wheel with all of you! What a great group!

Mitch, We all wish you could have joined us out there! The trails not the same without you! We're glad you made it down the hill before you broke! Thank the lord for small blessings like that! He was watching out for you for sure!

~Scott
                        "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Finally the video...

Sorry this took so long to post... YouTube was giving us problems then finally simply rejected it saying "the video was too long"...

We went to a different service, MotionBox, and had no problems... free service, fast turn around, but you are limited to 750MB of space with the free account.

http://www.motionbox.com/videos/4c96d0be151fe6c4c3
                          Regards,
                          Randy

Comment

Cool video Randy,
                            Thanks for puttin that up there.

Scott

Comment

Nice video, and looks like a fun run.
                              IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Working...
                              X