Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Pikes Peak

Has anyone heard of this place a buddy of mine say's it's over by Silverwood past Cleghorn?

If so what is the trail rated?

The only Pike's Peak that I know of is in Colorado. My guess is that your friend has an unusual name for the Pilot Rock Fuelbreak. The USFS road number for this trail is 2N17X. I am more intimately familiar with this trail than I like to admit.

If this is the trail that your friend is referring to, it is rated Most Difficult (Black Diamond) by the forest service. It is lot's of fun.
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

What tire size is recommended and are lockers needed for this trail?

Comment

2n17x is not that severe, except for the one steep long hill climb, which has a bypass. If you start from the dam of lake silverwood of highway 173 it will tell you fairly quick if you can run it if you can make the climb to get in it at the start of the trail then you are capable of running the rest of the trail.
        Probably will not make the hill climb, just take the bypass and have fun

Comment

I agree with Art on 2N17X. A good driver can get a stock Jeep up the trail. But to make it a little more comfortable, 31's and a front locker should be more than enough. Mr. Bash does it all the time with open diff's, but he's special.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

Some photos (very few) of 2N17X:
            http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Land-Rover...62566443_DgWdY
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...