Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3/13 - Calico Hills

Hey everyone my club (Barstow Fourwheelers)http://capaber.tripod.com/barstow4wheelers/index.html Is having a trail ride on 13 march was planned for the 6th but have to push it back a week. But anyway It's called miller canyon and it's by Silverwood Lake and Lake Arrowhead.
    It's suitable for everything from built jeeps to fullsize stock suburbans. If your comming from LA area take the I-15 N and exit on state route 138, and turn right toward Silverwood Lake, Go past the first entrance to Silverwood Lake, and right about where the chaparral gives way to pine forest, look for the miller canyon unit, turn left. The trail entrance, which is paved but not well marked, appears almost immediately on the right. If you enter the parking lot for Silverwood lake you passed it.
    From, Fourwheeler mag. I haven't been there yet but according to the write up it sounds like a nice trail. If you collect four wheeler mag it's out of the Aug. 2001 issue
    75 blazer + 81 CJ-7 + 90 Wrangler = Tonka Jeep Dave

added this to the calendar
    :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

nice long trail

Comment

I just found out last night that area is closed because of the fire and heavy rains so we are gonna go play behind Calico in the hills. So if anyone want to come along there are some metting at the Barstow Wal-mart parking lot by the gas station and will be meeting there rest of us in the car pool lot onn Ft Irwin rd. at 9 this is on the 13 Sat.

Comment

darn it i,m on call sounds like fun maybe some other time
          A clean jeep is the sign of a sick mind

Comment

How was this run?
            :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

It was a good run we lost to jeep early one for a bad vacuum actuator for the front wheel drive and another one for a bad tranny/t-case mount. we came down Doran canyon with a full size chevy Z71 no body damage. There was a 92 YJ that flatened his tail pipe but the 4-way fixed that for the rest of the trail.

Comment

Working...
              X