Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
    Friday's cast of characters included Nick, Kurt, Stuart, Shari and myself. We took off for Jackhammer sometime around noon and it was more than a little warm. I haven't been up Jackhammer in years and outside of a couple of hill climbs, I didn't even recognize it. It's gotten much harder. Even so, Kurt drove his butt off and made it through on 35's without too much trouble.

However, Kurt did get a little piss off at what he called "a couple of azzholes with big tires" that apparently ran the trail before him, digging huge holes that he had to drive through. But as hard a we looked, Stuart and I couldn't find those azzholes. Oh well, maybe they shot back to camp to pick their buddy up a spare tire and some cold water. Whoever they were, I can tell you their antic's were not appreciated! :wink:

If you haven't run Jack yet, this should kind of give you a feel of what it's like. Soft sand with lots of rocks that that like to move when you drive or walk on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzWKb1gUnk
    Yeah, I'd like to know where those aholes went. I was gonna give 'em a peice of my mind...
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
    [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
    http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Friday's cast of characters included Nick, Kurt, Stuart, Shari and myself. We took off for Jackhammer sometime around noon and it was more than a little warm. I haven't been up Jackhammer in years and outside of a couple of hill climbs, I didn't even recognize it. It's gotten much harder. Even so, Kurt drove his butt off and made it through on 35's without too much trouble.

However, Kurt did get a little piss off at what he called "a couple of azzholes with big tires" that apparently ran the trail before him, digging huge holes that he had to drive through. But as hard a we looked, Stuart and I couldn't find those azzholes. Oh well, maybe they shot back to camp to pick their buddy up a spare tire and some cold water. Whoever they were, I can tell you their antic's were not appreciated! :wink:

If you haven't run Jack yet, this should kind of give you a feel of what it's like. Soft sand with lots of rocks that that like to move when you drive or walk on them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyzWKb1gUnk

I especially like the end of this video. The shameless plugging of PUMA outer wear is amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
        I especially like the end of this video. The shameless plugging of PUMA outer wear is amazing!
        Yeah, that's my favorite part too!
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Shirley and I had a great time out there with you guys. Not sure if I will be on your level of walking with the big doggs in the tall grass. Maybe next time? Yeah right. It was a bit hot out there. Sunday even the devil came by in an icecream truck. What a guy. All he had was Hot Tamales and Tobasco. What a sence of humor. We started with Mitch and Rodger. You all know what happened with Mitch. Continued on up the bunny slopes and came accross Mary and Daisy hung up on a rock out in the middle of BFE. Mary had it under control. We then all continued back to camp to listen to the fish stories for the day. We do have a few pics of the bunny slopes if I can figure out how to post.
          Must do again for next year.

Peace Out

Comment

Wow....thanks for post, pics....almost like being there when you can't be.
            "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
            (Charles Wells)

Comment

This year we decided on Sunbonnet for the official FITD run. So on Saturday Drew and Cheryl, Mike and Sharon, Kurt and Nick, Stuart, Shari and myself headed over to the trail head. Unfortunately Kurt herd some noises from his front end that he couldn't diagnose, and rather than taking a chance of breaking on the trail he decided to go back to camp and wait for the ice cream man.

Sunbonnet actually consists of two former trails, Hell's Gate, Devil's Slide, and the new trail Sunbonnet Pass. Because the name is a memorial to the wife of a VV member, it was decided to drop the two old trail names and call the entire trail Sunbonnet Pass.

Call it what you will, it was a fun and challenging trail with several obstacles having more than one line.

http://www.youtube.com/user/AACJ7#play/all

This is about half of the rigs that started.

Stuart got all tuckered out from Mike having him carry his doors. Nice choice of color.

Mike doing a great job of negotiating the trail.

When Stuart says go this way, don't!

Last edited by Double AA; 09-30-09, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Another Vid!

Here is my contribution to the Sunbonnet Videos:

http://www.vimeo.com/6845209

[/COLOR]

Comment

Great vid. Mike,
                  Thanks for posting that.

Scott

Comment

Awesome videos and pics from all of you. Thank you all for a good time rock crawling at its finest. It was nice to see all of you again and wheeling with new faces as well. Hope to see you all at the next get together. Keep me posted when every you all go out again.

Drew- :cocktail:
                    Drew
                    95yj Six Pack

Comment

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there with you guys.
                      Soon.... Soon.
                      My rig is getting a bit of a make-over and will be ready to play pretty soon.
                      >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                      ERIK

95 yj, locked lifted, and ready to rock!

Comment

Great video, Mike.

Drew, you may not always want to go were we take you, but you're always invited.

Everyone in this group kept a great attitude throughout the weekend. Which isn't always easy to do when your fighting a tough trail, it's hot outside and there isn't any shade. Shari and I had a blast.

Comment

Everyone in this group kept a great attitude throughout the weekend. Which isn't always easy to do when your fighting a tough trail, it's hot outside and there isn't any shade. Shari and I had a blast.
                          BITE ME Butt nugget!

Comment

Hey, you're not still upset about that towel joke are you?

Comment

Hey, you're not still upset about that towel joke are you?

OK it's time for you to get back to work! You have WAY too much time on your hands... That certainly is a red ass though.

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                                OK it's time for you to get back to work! You have WAY too much time on your hands... That certainly is a red ass though.
                                Disturbingly Heart-shaped too!

[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                                X