Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Pinyon Mountain Road

[CENTER]Anza-Borrego Desert State Park: Pinyon Mountain Road[/CENTER]

Its been way too long since I've been on this trail. I'd like to head on out there early saturday morning, october 3rd. Or sunday would work out for me as well. If there's interest here, we can figure out where and when to meet up as the date gets closer.

After running this trail my plan is to head up through Arroyo Seco Del Diablo Canyon and on to Carrizo Creek. I've heard that parts of the canyon wall there have collapsed so that should make things interesting. It should also be a bit cooler out by then...

Originally posted by Borregowrangler View Post
    [CENTER]Anza-Borrego Desert State Park: Pinyon Mountain Road[/CENTER]

Its been way too long since I've been on this trail. I'd like to head on out there early saturday morning, october 3rd. Or sunday would work out for me as well. If there's interest here, we can figure out where and when to meet up as the date gets closer.

After running this trail my plan is to head up through Arroyo Seco Del Diablo Canyon and on to Carrizo Creek. I've heard that parts of the canyon wall there have collapsed so that should make things interesting. It should also be a bit cooler out by then...

Might be up for Sunday...need to work Sat
    97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
    WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
      Might be up for Sunday...need to work Sat
      Well it turns out I'll be heading out on saturday for this one. I might have four or five other Jeeps tagging along. Here's the updated info-

Date:
      Saturday, October 3, 2009

Meeting Location:

Dudley's Bakery- 30218 Hwy 78 Santa Ysabel, CA 92070

Meeting Time:

7:00 AM

CB Channel 32

Man, work on saturday, huh? I sure don't miss those days. We'll just have to be sure to get out and run another trail here soon, like Devil's Canyon when it reopens!

Comment

never work Saturdays but have a large project coming in from Fussion Care. Need to get some training done...
        97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
        WEB site

Comment

Pinyon Mtn Rd Trail Report

It turned out to be a great day for a fun run. Sorry you couldn't make it out, Britain.

The pics and trail report can be view here-

http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1605

Comment

Sigh...I was hoping to do that with you guys today, but my tires haven't arrive yet, and didn't want to slide down that hill on my racing slicks
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

That one of my favorite weekend trail runs. Lots of off shoot stuff to see. About 1/4 mile down HA hill are the harper damns in the pinyon wash along with his house. Theres also a good short canyon going up the hill at painted gorge. Good for busting up your junk.

Looks like a good day and some fun! Will catch up with you some day.....
              97 TJ Buffed Out

LETS ROCK!
              WEB site

Comment

Originally posted by Britain View Post
                That one of my favorite weekend trail runs. Lots of off shoot stuff to see. About 1/4 mile down HA hill are the harper damns in the pinyon wash along with his house. Theres also a good short canyon going up the hill at painted gorge. Good for busting up your junk.

Looks like a good day and some fun! Will catch up with you some day.....
                Sounds good! I am considering running Pinyon again at night on 24th. I'll be camped at the Stagecoach Trails Campground just across from the trailhead.

Comment

Working...
                X