Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Big Bear - Oktoberfest

:beer:
    Just a reminder that Oktoberfest is starting this weekend! The first weekend is a salute to all of us life-savers (Free admission for Past and Present Military, Law Enforcement & Fire Fighters)

Here is the link for more info:
    http://bigbearevents.com/bbevents/pa...ktoberfest.php

Zicke-Zicka, Zicke-Zicka, Hoi, Hoi, Hoi!

:beer:
    Last edited by milpolicexj; 09-16-09, 10:39 AM.
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

[COLOR="Sienna"]It's back already??? Wow. Wish I could find the picture of my wife and some fruitcake we saw there last year. Doug [FishPoet] has it I think.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
      [COLOR="Sienna"]It's back already??? Wow. Wish I could find the picture of my wife and some fruitcake we saw there last year. Doug [FishPoet] was his name I think.[/COLOR]
      fixed it for you...
      Jeff
      OHV76V
      KG6TY
      You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Oh I can't wait! I've lived in the desert my hole life (minus the active duty time) and I've never been...
        "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"

Comment

Oct, Fest

Sounds like a Good time For a Vacation In Big Bear.

Comment

Octoberfest

We will be there Oct 16,17 and 18 The 17th running some east side trails Lightening Ridge, Horse theif Flats and others that weekend so if anyone else is there lets hook up.
            2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Beer and Brats

Well?
              Bueller
              Bueller?

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

Was up there two weeks ago. Had a great time. We did a quick run up 2N17X to Willow Creek into Arrowhead. The Porsche Club had something like 80+ classic and new Porches parked all over the Plaza area. Beer was cheap. The old guys up on the music stage were jamming to all kinds of different tunes. They were really good.

I put together a sample video (an experiment using iMovie for first time): http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Family/Tra.../9793828_MxTpx

Pictures of the day are here:
                http://nwoods.smugmug.com/Land-Rover...62566443_DgWdY

Here are a few of Arrowhead:

Love this 550 Sypder:
                Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

For those who would like to stay overnight I cut a deal with a local Hotel for a MJR Discount.

Deep Creek Motel

2312 Blue Jay Lane

Running Springs, CA 92382

(909) 867-2312

$50.00 cash per night ask for Jim or Ron

We are meeting at the Big Bear Discovery Center at 930am waiting until 10am
                  Doing Gold Mountain then over to Jacoby Canyon afterwards Beers and Brats at Big Bear!

Come join us.

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                    Doing Gold Mountain then over to Jacoby Canyon afterwards Beers and Brats at Big Bear!

Come join us.
                    I assume this is for Saturday morning? I just sold my YJ and got a TJ, though while it's on 35s already, it doesn't have any lockers like my YJ had. I'm not familiar with either of those runs, are they suitable for a non locked TJ on 35s?

-Slim

Comment

A Tj on 35's should have no problem with either trail, a stock Jeep has a breeze running Jacoby. Still a very scenic trail though

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        A Tj on 35's should have no problem with either trail, a stock Jeep has a breeze running Jacoby. Still a very scenic trail though
                        Well then, I think I'd like to make this run. The weather should be perfect, 75 and sunny. Dirtopia listed it a MOST DIFFICULT (though that's the forest service rating) so I wanted to make sure.

-Slim

Comment

The beginning of Gold mountain has this climb thing that takes a bit of work when open the rest is cake

Comment

Two of our very own, Stephan & Sonia (karstic), will be performing at the Big Bear Oktoberfest this weekend with the D'Oberlandlers

Over 2500 hours donated to the San Bernardino National Forest. Life member of CA4WD, CORVA & BRC. Tread Lightly Trainer. Reforestation Supervisor. CASSP

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post

Come join us.
                              I was just curious who else was going?

Comment

Working...
                              X