Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Big Bear - 3N16 Time to travel ?

Howdy folks. I know some of you know Big Bear inside and out so I have a question for you:

Approximately how long will it take to get from Hanna Flat campground to Crab Flats campground via trail 3N16?

I'm meeting up with some friends there and I want to allow enough time. Thanks!
    Mike in Vista
    1942 Willys MB, 1956 Willys Wagon

Mike,

With the lower section of 3N14 still closed, you will need to back track east to get to 3N16. Allow an hour and enjoy the sites and the drive, it should take less but no hurries in the mountains.

Have fun.

Mitch

Comment

Good grief! Glad I asked. I didn't realize that section of 3N14 was closed. It appears 2N13 is closed as well. So by back track would that be taking 3N12 to get to 3N16?

Believe me, I'm all for taking it slow and enjoying the sites (I'll be there for four days, but one of the days a buddy is showing up at Hanna Flat in the morning and we need to boogie on over to Crab Flats to meet some other friends at a designated time. I'm trying to stay on dirt since my Willys is less than friendly on the highway.

Thanks.
      Mike in Vista

Comment

Originally posted by mpc View Post
        Good grief! Glad I asked. I didn't realize that section of 3N14 was closed. It appears 2N13 is closed as well. So by back track would that be taking 3N12 to get to 3N16?

Believe me, I'm all for taking it slow and enjoying the sites (I'll be there for four days, but one of the days a buddy is showing up at Hanna Flat in the morning and we need to boogie on over to Crab Flats to meet some other friends at a designated time. I'm trying to stay on dirt since my Willys is less than friendly on the highway.

Thanks.
        [COLOR="Blue"]3n14 is closed to Big Pine Flat, 3n13 is closed, 3n12 is the only way from Fawnskin to 3n16. 3n08 may be open, I didn't see the road block on it the last time I drove past. It meets 3n16 near the intersection of 3n12 & 3n16.
        mk[/COLOR]

Comment

3N08 shows on the USFS web site as closed, but I can check it out when I get there.
          Mike in Vista

Comment

3N08 is still closed as well...
            '91 YJ 4.O, Auto, 4.5" Deaver, 1" BL, Rubi Flares, 35x12.50 MT/R's, D60 w/ Detroit, D30 w/ TrueTrac, Warn 9000XDI, York OBA, AA SYE, Belly Up Skid, LED's...

Comment

Just a follow up for the curious, it ended up taking about an hour and 20 minutes, and that was at a pretty good pace.

A lot of 2WD road to get to the good wheeling out there right now. Anyway, we had fun on Dishpan.
              Mike in Vista

Comment

Working...
              X