Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Bullfrog night run

[COLOR="Blue"]Bullfrog Trail Johnson Valley OHV

I've been wanting to do a night run on the Bullfrog for some time now. So I was thinking on Saturday night Sept 5th doing a run out there. I would think the run would go about 4-5 hours at the most. Hopefully we'll be back on the road by midnight.

For those that haven't run it, it's a very fun trail through the granite boulders at the Cougar Buttes in Johnson Valley OHV area..

Minimun vehicle requirements: Suspension lift, with minimun 31" tires and one locker.

Post if you can make it.

Mike K

Sat night Sept 19th
    6:45 p.m.
    Camp rock Rd & 247 in Lucerne Valley
    Bring a lunch and a flashlight.[/COLOR]
    Last edited by mkjeepers; 08-28-09, 09:54 AM.

tenative!
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]If this date dosen't work, we could pick another. Any suggestions?[/COLOR]

Comment

This is a run I have been wanting to do but I'm going to be loading up the jeep for Dusy that weekend.If it gets pushed back a couple of weeks I will be there
        You can make it

Comment

a couple weeks is better for me also ....

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]A couple of weeks it is. Maybe the 19th or so.[/COLOR]

Comment

That will work beautifully for me also, don't want to abuse my little beastie till after our trip.
              the 19th is marked on the calender.
              Will be a lot of fun, some of those climbs and downhills will be fun in the deep darkness

Comment

The 5th was no good.
                But the 19th just might work.
                I would love to do this trail in the dark!
                There's a New Moon on the 18th, so it will be really DARK! woo hoo:omg:

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Dezertdog View Post
                  The 5th was no good.
                  But the 19th just might work.
                  I would love to do this trail in the dark!
                  There's a New Moon on the 18th, so it will be really DARK! woo hoo:omg:

Scott
                  [COLOR="Blue"]I'm sure all of those rock lights will peirce the darkness. Hey Steve does your new Barney2 have lights.
                  mk[/COLOR]

Comment

you bet it does , tried them out last week had a blast !!

Comment

If this is happening on the 19th I'm gonna try to make it out. Moving this weekend and having knee surgery next weds. so things are pretty hectic around here.
                      "The Jeep...is a fitting instrument to transport the free people of a free nation with the respect to which we are entitled and the dignity that we deserve."

Comment

Somewhere I have a bunch on night shots and some video of a dark run on BF. Didn't start out to be one, but ya know, when there are Jeeps involved, anything can happen...
                        [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                        [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                        http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by 4xfiend View Post
                          Moving this weekend and having knee surgery next weds. so things are pretty hectic around here.
                          If it's major surgery, ask for the articulator. It will speed your recovery a thousand %... Sweet little robot that bends your knee full range every three minutes all day long. Very comfy to be in, and you get to lay around and watch tv all day. Hey, wifey, grab me a beer while yer in there cooking my dinner...
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                            Somewhere I have a bunch on night shots and some video of a dark run on BF. Didn't start out to be one, but ya know, when there are Jeeps involved, anything can happen...
                            [COLOR="Blue"]Yea, we started one time during the day, and it was 8:00pm when we were finisned.
                            mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                              I think that is from the MJR M&G day when we decided to head over to Bullfrog late in the afternoon. It was plenty dark when we got off the trail, but oh so much fun.
                              Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Working...
                              X