Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Anybody want to do the Dusy?

For those of you that are funemployed on vacation or have nothing better to do.
    Come hang out with Fred and me and have some fun wheeling and camping.
    We plan on leaving Tuesday the 8th and mostlikely will be heading back to the Rancho Cucamonga area on Saturday the 12th.
    Who ever is interested post up or pm
    Thanks

I'd love to, but I'll be out of town then.
    holes = cowbell

Comment

First time I ever wished I was not currently employed. After cruising through Rubicon, I really want to do Dusy... and Fordyce
      Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
      Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
      HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Someday my jeep will be built up enough for that trip. I have the time, just not the vehicle. Gotta do it before I check out....

Wish I could go
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by nwoods View Post
          First time I ever wished I was not currently employed. After cruising through Rubicon, I really want to do Dusy... and Fordyce
          wE WILL BE DOING IT NEXT SUMMEr. Same time as we did our Rubi run this year.
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
            wE WILL BE DOING IT NEXT SUMMEr. Same time as we did our Rubi run this year.
            Keep me posted on the dates for next summer, AL. Are you going to Panamint? Me and Zayne are making our plans to go again.

Comment

Let's see leaving Tues 8th, run Wed, thur, Fri, head back Sat. That would be quite a tuff run. It can be done but it takes 25-28 hrs to drive it w/o breakdowns. We just ran it, took 6 days w/2 days of layovers. You need some layover time cause 9 hrs in the drivers' seat can make you want a day off. I'd say bring lots of tools, chains, spare parts, fluids and you need a trailer. 25 hours of wheelin the Dusy can break a few parts. Just my opinion. I'll be going again next summer - well equipped.

Comment

If it runs into Sunday or Monday that is fine also.
                We both have adequate time off, but tend to make pretty good time in the saddle

Comment

Art,
                  IF you don't break you can do it in three days. I would rather have done it over a week and will next time, but we actually made pretty good time going South to North. A week is definitely the better option. Take the fishing rods; East Lake is fantastic!
                  Wish I could go but the ball and chain, otherwise known as work is dragging me down man.

Have a great time and be safe.
                  [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                  [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                  http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

I just ran it a month ago....and go for 5 days or more. We hit the trail on a Tuesday morning and then camped 2 nights at Thompson Lake, followed by a trail day and 2 nights at Ershim Lake. Back on the Pavement on Saturday afternoon. Good fishing a Lost Lake (near Thompson), good fishing the lake just past Thompson just off the trail, good fishing at East lake. Ershim fishing was okay from the inflatable.

Trail days on the Dusy can be long days, so having a rest/hiking/kick back day sure is nice.
                    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I ran it in three loooong days in a group of four well built Jeeps, without any breakdowns. I would consider four days a minimum if you're running the full Dusy/Ershim trail.

Brian, did you break on the Dusy this year?

Comment

Yup the fishing poles are coming along and the 2 of us have enough time off to take up to 7 days if need be.
                        We will see what it brings, is going to be a fun adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post

Brian, did you break on the Dusy this year?
                          Not so much, but I did break a u-joint (actually 2). I have since upgraded to a 30 degree yoke (from 22 degrees) and a 1410 u-joint on the dana 60. The dana 60 had only been in the Jeep for 3 days prior to leaving, and Dusy is probably not the best Shake Down run. All in all...no major problems.....and what a beautiful trail! I am still in awe.

For those that are going to run the Dusy, I am happy to share with you our experiences (send me a PM). It is a great trail, and one that you absolutely must do if possible.

Andrew.......I look forward to running with you soon, though that darn BeastJeep of yours works too dang well.
                          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

We just got back Art. Have a great time. I wish I had the time to run it again. I love it up there!

Comment

Just got back from our trip, was so much fun that I wanted to turn around at the end and do the last part the other way. This much fun is almost criminal, the camping was great and the wheeling much better than I expected. Will post some stuff later tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X