Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: BigBear Run SATURDAY Aug 29th

We will be meeting at the Chevron located 15 fwy and 138 hwy 9am.

The run will be starting on 2n17X running into arrowhead. We will stop for lunch and fuel. Anyone wanting to bail at this location they are more than welcome. Second meeting point will be at the village where we will be having lunch. I would say around 2pm will be heading up Deep creek. Our goal is to do John Bull and camp near big pines flats or where ever the closet camp site for cocktail hour. Please PM if you are interested. So far we have 4 jeeps committed and looking for a few more people.
    Last edited by r8derjedi; 08-25-09, 08:20 AM.

I'd like to join in. What is you IM address so I can let you know....

Comment

Trying to convince the girl, but I think I'll be in for this run.

Comment

Originally posted by the_al_mighty View Post
        I'd like to join in. What is you IM address so I can let you know....

I think he ment "PM"
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

I think that he ment IM.

Comment

Either way. He will know when he reads my post.

Comment

hey guys I meant Private message not sure where I got IM. Anyways I just confirmed with some of our heads. and we are definetly on for this overnighter so we will be having a potluck saturday night . Let me know if you are going to be joining the pot luck.

Comment

looks like we will be having a nice size group. I talked to one of my buddies that told me Tri county was having a seperate private run on Sunday and might be near john bull. so hopefully we can do our run before hitting traffic not sure if you all know these guys but I think if we are planning on hitting john bull after breakfast on Sunday morning. I would like to at least start from the first water fall. Oh Yeah!
                Last edited by r8derjedi; 08-24-09, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I figured IM as in "Instant Messenger" (AOL). I'll let you know about John Bull, that might work.

Mitch

Comment

We were planning on trying to do three trails in one day ending with John Bull. some of us will be camping out so if we got a nice size group after setting up camp . I have no problem running john bull in the evening as well as after breafast sunday. WOOT!
                    Last edited by r8derjedi; 08-25-09, 08:35 AM.

Comment

You should have time for John Bull. We've done Cleghorn, 2N17X and Dishpan Springs by 4:30pm so I think you'll have plenty of time unless JB is overly crowded.
                      WILL WORK FOR JEEP PARTS!!!

Comment

If there is still room, I think I can swing this one.What time will we be at 2n17X?

Originally posted by r8derjedi View Post
                        We will be meeting at the Chevron located 15 fwy and 138 hwy 9am.

The run will be starting on 2n17X running into arrowhead. We will stop for lunch and fuel. Anyone wanting to bail at this location they are more than welcome. Second meeting point will be at the village where we will be having lunch. I would say around 2pm will be heading up Deep creek. Our goal is to do John Bull and camp near big pines flats or where ever the closet camp site for cocktail hour. Please PM if you are interested. So far we have 4 jeeps committed and looking for a few more people.
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

we will be at the meeting spot at 9am. Found out the heat is going to be in the 100s . going to be a hot one.

Comment

Originally posted by jkcrazyjim2 View Post
                            You should have time for John Bull. We've done Cleghorn, 2N17X and Dishpan Springs by 4:30pm so I think you'll have plenty of time unless JB is overly crowded.
                            we plan to hit this in the evening when it get cooler maybe after setting up camp. Still confirming my group . so far we have. and all you that would like to join us. should be fun. if you are just up to a day run thats also cool.

the reason why we chose this rally piont is do to location and the time to drive all the way up to bigbear we figured it would be nice to drive the dirt trails up the mountain.

2 tj
                            1 LJ
                            1 CJ

Comment

Gents,

I will be running JB with Sebastian22 in the AM tomorrow that more/less fits my schedule. Thanks and have a safe and fun trip.
                              Drew
                              95yj Six Pack

Comment

Working...
                              X