Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: CMF RUN!!! Sat, August 29th

Clawhammer AND Mottino in the same day!!!

Meet--- At the "HUNDY COMPOUND" 31559 hwy 18, LV, ca. 92356 8am Sat morning.

The PLAN--- Drive out to the Hammers, run 'ClawHammer' up and then back down. Proceed to the bottom of Rattlesnake cyn. Run up RS cyn to Mottino wash and run the wash. If we have time, we'll hit Pappi n Harriets' in Pioneer town for a cool soda and maybe some food.

Anyone who completes this run will be an official "CMF'r! It will be a long day with some semi-hardcore action. Anyone who wants to run Clawhammer and then bail out is welcome if you dont have time for a long day of wheelin.

If I have to tell you to bring water, etc. you should not come. This is not a run for a stocker, but if you have balls enough to go for it, I'll help you get through! You WILL get scraped, dented, and strapped/winched.

Everyone is welcome, and as always- no one will be left behind! I promise it will be FUN!

Hundy
    760 248 6214
    760 964 5123 cell

Hope that some MJR peeps can make it!
    Last edited by 100dollarman; 08-23-09, 04:46 PM. Reason: took link out- pasted info instead

Originally posted by 100dollarman View Post
    Clawhammer AND Mottino in the same day!!!

Meet--- At the "HUNDY COMPOUND" 31559 hwy 18, LV, ca. 92356 8am Sat morning.

The PLAN--- Drive out to the Hammers, run 'ClawHammer' up and then back down. Proceed to the bottom of Rattlesnake cyn. Run up RS cyn to Mottino wash and run the wash. If we have time, we'll hit Pappi n Harriets' in Pioneer town for a cool soda and maybe some food.

Anyone who completes this run will be an official "CMF'r! It will be a long day with some semi-hardcore action. Anyone who wants to run Clawhammer and then bail out is welcome if you dont have time for a long day of wheelin.

If I have to tell you to bring water, etc. you should not come. This is not a run for a stocker, but if you have balls enough to go for it, I'll help you get through! You WILL get scraped, dented, and strapped/winched.

Everyone is welcome, and as always- no one will be left behind! I promise it will be FUN!

Hundy
    760 248 6214
    760 964 5123 cell

Hope that some MJR peeps can make it!

Two questions; it's a long drive for us, is anyone willing to add trails and make it a Saturday/Sunday thing, and what the hell is a CMF'r?

Andrew

Comment

Originally posted by Double AA View Post
      and what the hell is a CMF'r?

Andrew
      If I had to guess, Crazy Mutha F*****!

Wish I had more notice to try these out, especially since Humndy is cool with pulling you out if you break something.
      YJ Stock
      BROSANDSISEMBROIDERY.COM

Comment

CMFs is a term we started calling someone in our Jeepin' group that either did something REALLY impressive, or something REALLY stupid with their Jeep!!!LOL

Somehow, they made me the president! :confused2

Peeps are welcome to camp at my house Friday or Sat nite- we have plenty of room (house is on 12.5 acres) Right off the hiway on Tradepost rd.

I MIGHT do a little wheelin on Sunday too-- not sure yet. There is a JK camp at Cougar Buttes that I may try to run Bullfrog or something.

Comment

Of course we dont want anyone to break, but we will NEVER leave anyone on the trail!!! And there will always be help to get through an obstacle. Clawhammer and Mottino are not easy trails!

Comment

Any chance of running a couple more of the Hammers on Sunday? There might be another couple of CMF'r on this board that would join in (Jeep Virgin, Rat Patrol).

Comment

man i cant wait till my jeeps done so i can go wheel with you guys....ok done whining--

Comment

if i get my stuff fixed i'm for saturday clawhammer , !!

Comment

Would love to, but want to keep my lil darling in one piece for my Dusy trip the week after. Would not be to smart to tear it up the week before

Comment

I might go. That sounds awesome. However, I think you need to post some minimum requirements for this run. 37s on a D35 will ruin everyones day. Know what I mean?
                    92 YJ, 35s, Atlas 4 speed 10:1, 4.88s SYE, RE 4.5 XD, 2' BL, D44s, Alloys shafts, Lockers, Snorkel, skid plates, roll cage, winch

Comment

Originally posted by paultyler View Post
                      I might go. That sounds awesome. However, I think you need to post some minimum requirements for this run. 37s on a D35 will ruin everyones day. Know what I mean?

Minimum requirement- 4wd

LOL - I hear ya. I wanted to do this one really without telling everybody what to do or how their rig should be set-up. That's what I meant by "If I have to tell you to bring water..."

There are guys that can wheel the heck out of their stock rigs (or 37s on a D35 without breaking) and I dont want to exclude anyone who thinks they can do it, or is willing to give 'er a try.

That said- this will not be "easy". Both Clawhammer and Mottino are challenging- especially on tires smaller than 35". Lockers will help too.

Hope you can make it!

Comment

im gonna try to make it for the hammers run
                        [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

barney2 is back together , looks like i'm in saturday if this is still on !

Comment

We are still a GO!

Barney- we can meet you on the lake bed early.

Comment

the earlier the better, beat the heat how about 7:30am lake bed or what ever time works for you guys !! also i'll be in your favorite color olive drab jeep !!
                              Last edited by bullysteve; 08-28-09, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X