Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Dishpan to John Bull

Fred and me met up With Jeff, Robin and a few of his Friends this morning for a run from Dishpan to John Bull
    Along the way we picked up some folks from the Pirate 4x4 forum that came and joined the fun. The Dishpan waterfall got tackled by most of us, I can see where Jeff ran into trouble, my little putput tried to do the same thing, I just backed up moved over to the right some and climbed over without any further ado.
    After Dishpan we ran John Bull, which looked very busy had its usual spectacle but did not take all that long a wait. The gatekeeper part is getting to be very chewed up and was fun to get past. Couple of other spots were fun and from there we headed to the Fawnskin fire station to air up and say out goodbyes, all in all a great day on the trail.

That's moderate? :hide:

Comment

Pretty much. on Dishpan you can go around the climb up the waterfall, it's the most difficult part. The rest is cake, your Jeep can make it Ron, just need patience and good spotting.
      Two years ago Me and a friend did Dishpan, he in a stock YJ no lift and stock tires me on 31's took a bit more work, but we got it done was our first trail in the mountains was an awesome experience to me at the time
      Last edited by aw12345; 08-23-09, 10:24 AM.

Comment

We had a great day yesterday. We ran Dishpan then over to Johnbull from east to west. Great weather. I didn't do the waterfall this time. I will tackle it next time. After the run Robin and I had lunch and walked around the Village in Big Bear. Then we took a drive east of Big Bear and went out to the Hi Desert by Lucerne then back to Valencia.

It was a great group of people. We can't wait to get out on the trail again with everybody.

Sorry I didn't get to many pictures.

Ilda, Willy, Garry, My self and Robin from Socal Jeepers.
        Fred, Art, Kevin, Mac and Sandy, 1 Bad F N Z from MJR.
        Chris, his wife Tina and there son Aidan, gassman4x4 and several of his friends, Vinny from Pirate4x4.

Ilda & Willy should have some good pics. Ilda did a great job on the trails with no lockers. Didn't have any problems.

Here are the rest of our pics:

http://public.fotki.com/RallyeX/our-...n-johnbull-au/

Jeff & Robin

Last edited by RallyeX; 08-23-09, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Pretty much. on Dishpan you can go around the climb up the waterfall, it's the most difficult part. The rest is cake, your Jeep can make it Ron, just need patience and good spotting.
          Two years ago Me and a friend did Dishpan, he in a stock YJ no lift and stock tires me on 31's took a bit more work, but we got it done was our first trail in the mountains was an awesome experience to me at the time
          After I do something with my axles. Which ever way I decide, well go out and try it.

Comment

Looks like you guy's had a great day. Jeff, good to see you back on the trail. John Bull seems like the new hangout. I went out today for 6 hours and you had more people in your group photo than I saw on the trail for that 6 hours. Kevin, I see that you squeezed in there, and I'm sure that you made it all look easy! Fred and Art, looking relaxed as usual. Thanks for the photo's.

Mitch

Comment

Nice turn out. That's for the post and pictures. Nice rigs there (I like the orange one).

Comment

Originally posted by Jeep4cern View Post
                That's moderate? :hide:
                [COLOR="Blue"]Just another one of Arts fire roads.
                mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Fire road nah, but a heck of a lot of fun with a great group of people yes

Comment

Here's some more photo's:

http://s368.photobucket.com/albums/o...n%209-22-2009/

Good times. :thumbs_up

GARry

Comment

Where is that riverbed in your pics?

Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I would say it's the Azusa canyon mud pit

Comment

Hwy 39 Azusa Canyon OHV area? Thats my guess. Nother that $20.00in quarters and a pressure washer can't fix!

Mitch

Comment

You guys be right, Azusa canyon.
                            I went on the Big Bear run on Saturday then to the Canyon, with a buddy who loves the mud, on Sunday. Me, I drove around the mud holes.
                            I hadn't been to Azusa Canyon in years and I probably wont go back for a few more.

GARry

Comment

Working...
                            X