Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: MJR Recovery Team!

:bonk::bonk::oops:Well the call went out this morning to Desert Jewel and Great88 that our friend (her brother) Jesse needed some assistance with his Jeep. Jesse said that he was stuck and real close to home, so we both headed out to Route 66 in search of Kodiak Spirit. Now I'm thinking that Jesse got stuck in the sand around the Mojave River or something. Well it seems that our buddy Jesse actually traveled about 1 mile in the dirt and was on a little shelf road that gave way and he flopped right on over. Luckily not hurt and in phone range, I watched as Julie winched and it turned out both easier and better than expected! The Jeep was over at a 110' angle for an hour and it fired right up with very little smokin.

This was a fun recovery that we all can laugh about. But after watching and hearing about Jesse running all of the hard core trails that there are, this happens so close to home..... we all need to remember safety every time we get in our rigs, then we can all drive home in one piece!

Jesse, great to be there for you, and thanks for the great lunch for the recovery crew.

Mitch

I could tell that something was wrong from a distance

Julie doing the winching / This is the second time I've seen her winching her big brother!

A little dirt and maybe a new dent

MJR Recovery group!!!!

A little video clip

You always run the risk of being filmed if you invite the guy who documents every trip!

Good to see you today Jesse

OH the glory to be called by my LITTLE brother for help!!!

Glad you had your seat belt on and are safe, Jess!! Another reason why even the simplest of wheeling should be done with more than one!

Comment

We were there not to long ago Glad were not the only one. Also, not to self, recovery team isn't allowed to have camera's on scene when we need them!

Comment

Glad every thing worked out and no one hurt.
        IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks for the report Mitch, and the reminder to always keep safety in mind. Glad to see a happy ending.

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Trying to test out that RH cage? Glad nobody was hurt!

Comment

Scott (avjeepfreak)? Remember the silicone joke? This is why I keep the under body clean You just never know when someone is going to look at your work under the jeep.

Comment

Just to be clear with this post. Jesse and Julie took me under their wings when I first started 3 years ago and this was a fun way to get back at my buddy Jesse, with his approval! Jesse, love ya man and can't thank you and Julie enough for the help and support over the years.

Thank you both.

Mitch

Comment

Well, I hadn't planned on wheeling today, I was just tooling around a spot I always wanted to check out. I am amazed at how much the soils out here in the desert are weird and you just never really know what to expect! I was wheeling on some sandy loam that was never compacted and it was giving way all over the place. I was very bummed out when I flopped, but I would not have been wheeling alone if I could not see my house from there- even still I was lucky not to get hurt and to be able to call on my good friend Mitch & sis Julie & neighbor Dana to help me out. I did not think the recovery would be so easy, and the fact that the jeep was not oil-locked and started right up was awesome! The Sheriff did drop by and check to make sure there were no injuries, He was very professional and personable. He had a 4x4 Tahoe and prolly could have righted my jeep now that I think about it, but I'm sure he had other fish to fry. I was diggin' on the mini-14 ranch rifle he had in the cab...

I have met so many good people on MJR and this is a story with a happy ending, You guys ROCK! I'm pretty sure if there was a phone list I could have called on quite a few of you guys out there, you know who you are, Thanx MJR!
                  :gun: my rifle is not illegal, it's just undocumented... :gun:

Comment

Glad your alright and it worked out fine. Great show and tale for us on MJR

Comment

Man Jesse glad to see the kebler elf is unharmed you need to take it easy on that YJ lol
                      [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiak Spirit View Post
                        I have met so many good people on MJR and this is a story with a happy ending, You guys ROCK! I'm pretty sure if there was a phone list I could have called on quite a few of you guys out there, you know who you are, Thanx MJR!
                        Yepp,...if my phone rang I would have been there for ya too. Hey Jesse,... Don't feel bad I have been there flopped over too.....MATT.... At least ya didnt get hurt....

Last edited by Matt2001TJ; 08-23-09, 09:27 AM.
                        "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Glad to see you and the Kodiak Spirit made it back in one piece.
                          That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

eeeek!

Glad you werent hurt and got extricated from that precarious looking position!

Aside from friends, you are VERY lucky to have a SISTER that can be there for you! I can honestly answer that I understand Julies comment on the "Glory" of it all

Tsm
                            2002 TJ on 35s a bit of lift with some stuff
                            Rock-ItMan all the way around

Comment

Wow Jesse. Glad your OK. I guess I'm going to be passing the torch next M&G.
                              Check out .

Comment

Working...
                              X