Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Dome Springs (near BC109) Rock Garden

This last weekend we traveled to BC109 and the river bottom,
    Next to the Dome Springs Campground there is a Nice Rock Garden with a few obsticles but is fun.

So what do you guys think? a BBQ?
    I will post up pics later of the area.
    So is with me!
    Last edited by Dukes69; 09-03-09, 02:23 PM.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Well this is the plan.
    Meet at the Ojai McDonalds off the 33 at 7am get a Egg McMuffin and hit the road get to the Dome Springs Campground Turn off about 9am others can meet us there at 9am if you come off the 5 fwy.
    Packa lunch as we will explore the riverbottom and some off shoots also.
    This is a open run and all is welcome.
    Please have proper communication equipement.
    Hope to see some of you guys there.

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

So are you going to be up there on Sat and Sun?
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

It looks like we might be going up FRIDAY afternoon early evening to camp at Dome Springs and then maybe a night run can happen, and then crack open a cold one after its said and done.Wheel all day Saturday you know BBQ wheel BBQ wheel stuff like that.
        It just might be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
          Well this is the plan.
          Meet at the Ojai McDonalds off the 33 at 8am get a Egg McMuffin and hit the road get to the Dome Springs Campground Turn off about 930am others can meet us there at 930am if you come off the 5 fwy.
          Packa lunch as we will explore the riverbottom and some off shoots also.
          This is a open run and all is welcome.
          Please have proper communication and safety equipement.
          Hope to see some of you guys there.
          Back to plan A No Camp out but ready to Wheel.

Comment

Sorry Rick . . . I was planning on joining you out there today but I can't. Hope you have a great time out there!
            Last edited by sarah; 09-06-09, 01:06 PM. Reason: yes, you are correct, save the drama for another site :) -s

Comment

I'm going up there tomorrow with my dad and his Fake Jeep (FJ). We have no set time but we will be wheelin and camping. If anyone is up there and you see me and a silver fj stop by and say hi.

I'll protect you Schmo! (from the cows)
              Last edited by generalkaos; 09-05-09, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by generalkaos View Post
                I'm going up there tomorrow with my dad and his Fake Jeep (FJ). We have no set time but we will be wheelin and camping. If anyone is up there and you see me and a silver fj stop by and say hi.

I'll protect you Schmo! (from the cows)
                Thank generalkaos . . . but it wasn't the "cows" that I was concerned about :wink: Hope you guys had a good time out there. I ended up back up in Big Bear . . . starting to become a trend . . . ran John Bull and got to see some FJs working their way thru the trail.

Comment

This is a fantastic area. Lots to explore and many rocks to play on. Ran it last night, THAT.... was incredible fun.
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Trail Report

OK the unofficial Trail Report.

met up with the gang at McDees
                    Most from CI 4x4

Will and Kat (Willard)

Mr snd Mrs F250

Ed Hash (A&W)

Juan and George Flying Pork Chop

Paul Tyler and Son 52ers

John McClain and Shannon

Jaclyn and Myself ( new2image)

We all had breakfast enjoyed meeting each other stamped out a game plan and left at 8am.

It was a beautiful drive up to the trailhead and we all had a great time chattering on the CB. Man was entertaining!.

We arrived at 930am and got out and stretched and with great timimg RubiKat and Dirt Junky arrived. So we all preceeded to airdown.

After airing down we traveled down to the first rockgarden trail to the RIGHT after the campground.

I had Paul Tyler take point as trail Boss to scout tight spots in the trail. We found a couple of tight spots but the cool thing there was a bypass around it so a few people passed on it.

Paul and I walked thru it but the squeeze claimed a few victims.

First it was Dirt Junky (strap) then it was Juan (Strap) then Will (Strap) John McClain got thru it. But we spent 30 minutes but it was Great! It was a Razzfest this is what Wheeling is all about. We were stacking rocks, talking smack and having a great time. It was about the time Mr and Mrs 250 to bow out find some shade and wait for the Jeeps to continue on so we did. Paul led us up another 2-3 miles when we decided to turn around as he said it got ugly. So with no worries we turned it back around.

Met up with the 250s and had lunch at about 1145 and relaxed. Paul Tyler contined on to the Riverbottom to let is 14 yo son get a taste of a stick shift.

Carnage on part one.

Will - broken wheel cap

Dirt Junky- broken wheel cap

A&W -stick in tire ( we fixed this in record time as we all pitch in and replaced the tire and plugged it.)

Juan -Minor Rocker panel damaged

Part 2

So we continued down the stream bed to the main Riverbottom and continued east to the OTHER Rock garden.

we got to the drop off and couldnt get the F250 thru we it was decided that they would go back to the campground and take a nap! LOL

So we continued with the Pork Chop at point and Jaclyn at tailgunner

A&W lost started losing his clutch so we parked it off the trail and continued.

It was a a great trail up to the rock garden and at the turn off to the Rock garden RubiKat decided to leave her rig with her husband. and we headed into the trail.

Yes we had to spot a lot and stack rocks we all helped each other out. John and Jaclyn strapped a lot of people but man it was fun! it was about 230 we we decided to turn around and head back to camp.

We get A&W going with some love and some fluids and got back to camp and noticed the 250 on a hill with a steep climb to them.

You know I couldnt pass that up. So up the hill I go and the rest followed but after digging it out RubiKat couldnt do it!! and after several attemps we waved her off.

We all went back down the hill and took a group picture.

The Pork Chop and Dirt Junky decided to meet us at the trail head via the riverbottom and the rest of us aired up. we all BS for a while and decided on the spot the F250s found was going to be our campsite of the next adventure.

We left the campsite after voting Juan the hard luck Trophy (Johns bare butt Gnome)

and met Juan and Dirt Junky at the turn off at Domesprings.

We all said our goodbyes and headed home.

BTW view pics at http://ci4x4.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=6927849

Respectfully submitted,

Comment

Can you post some pics?
                      2007 2dr rubicon, teraflex 2 1/2" coil kit, procomp 97's w/ procomp 35" mud terrains, xenon flares, riddler diff covers, evo rock stars.

Comment

BTW view pics at
                        http://ci4x4.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=6927849

Comment

Working...
                        X