Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: 3N34 to Devil's Hole

We had the kids down from the Bay area and I had the day off so, we decided to take them on a little ride up to Devil's Hole (one of our favorite spots!) We Headed out around 10am to the trail head at Hwy 173 and aired down.

We took a nice slow ride over to Devil's hole via 3N34X and spent the day in the water, just hangin out.
    We were joined by a friend of ours, Rolando in his Isuzu Trooper, later in the day.

We hung out and enjoyed the cool mountain air and left Devil's Hole about 5pm and took 3N34X back to the pinnacles.

Rolando noticed his Trooper was running kind funny and discovered that he was only on 3 cylinders. Once the plug wire was back in place he was in business!

I took some inspiration from Chuck and did a little 3 wheelin along the way.

Okay!!!! a lot of 3 Wheelin!!!

Mitch, Look, those Boomerangs do work! (Wish you could have joined us!!)

I love playin in these cracks! They are so much fun!

Rolando even got his Trooper onto 3 wheels!

We aired up at the bottom of Hwy 173 and headed home!

What a great day, nice weather, awesome trails all shared with family and friends! ...... It was a BEAUTIFUL way to spend a Monday off from work!
    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 08-17-09, 11:29 PM.
    "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Nice! Where abouts is that? Are there harder sections of the trail? What is the elevation?
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Great pics!

Comment

Nathan it's all easy going, but Devils hole is a very scenic spot. It's of the Pinacles is a staging area you follow 3n34 till you can make a left on 3n34x or am I mistaken Scott or Mitch?. We ended up in that spot by accident last year and really liked it. Very nice with trees and a nice pond

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Nathan it's all easy going, but Devils hole is a very scenic spot. It's of the Pinacles is a staging area you follow 3n34 till you can make a left on 3n34x or am I mistaken Scott or Mitch?. We ended up in that spot by accident last year and really liked it. Very nice with trees and a nice pond
          That's on my list of places to go.

Comment

Nice photos Scott!

Coming up out of devils hole is a little tricky. It's best not to go alone!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
              Nice photos Scott!

Coming up out of devils hole is a little tricky. It's best not to go alone!
              Really? How? Do you have any pics Roger?

Comment

[COLOR=black]Nice pics Scott. It's been a while since I've been to Devils Hole. Jeeping is a lot more fun on leafs don't you think? What shackles are those? They look thicker then my Curries which I bent on Rubicon. [/COLOR]
                Check out .

Comment

The trail to Devils Hole is 3N34(green) or 3N34x(blue) from the Pinnicles Staging area in Arrowhead east to 3N34D.

Water looks like this:

Ron, there is one spot with a couple of rocks as you start the climb out from Devils Hole. Watch the video. The rest of the mile climb out is steep but smooth.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJwf6ZP-Rb4

Scott nice post and pictures. Sorry I didn't make it. I didn't see water or bikini's? Thats why I was going! I like the fact that your Jeep is flexing and that the shackles are finally moving. Goodshots. The Trooper is stiff as a board.

Mitch

Comment

Awhile back, I think a group of FS volunteers filled in the rock garden area with dirt. I've been there about 5 or 6 times this summer and the rock garden area started out just like in the video, a few rocks sticking out but easy to traverse. The last few times I've been it's getting a lot more rutted out and the rocks have turned into small boulders. I have drug bottom the last few times through there!

Ron, the 50 yard area coming up out of Devils Hole is rated a Black Diamond but, it is very doable with a spotter if it's your first time. Like Mitch said this is the only hard part and the rest of the trail leading out is steep but smooth. Personally, I have gone to Devils Hole alone (Single Jeep) and not had any problems coming up out of there but, Mitch is right you should not try this section by your self unless you are confident that your Jeep will get you out of there! There have been several times I have had to spot people out that have gotten high centered on those rock and I've even had to be spotted myself once or twice too!.

If anyone wants to go let me know and I'll show you the way! I love this place!

:mad:*****On a side note! I was really pissed when I got down there yesterday! I spent the first hour cleaning up everyone else's :poop::poop::poop:! Everything from a camp fire that someone had left to MRE's, Beer bottles and trash. We carted out a bag full of crap! People who have no regard for others piss me off! :mad::mad::mad:!
                    Last edited by avjeepfreek; 08-18-09, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dirtman13 View Post
                      [COLOR=black]Nice pics Scott. It's been a while since I've been to Devils Hole. Jeeping is a lot more fun on leafs don't you think? What shackles are those? They look thicker then my Curries which I bent on Rubicon. [/COLOR]
                      It sure is Chuck! Those Boomerangs are from Rough Country, I got them off ebay for $32 a set. They are 1 1/4" shackles but I think they come in the stock size too if you don't want the lift! They seem very strong and well built! I'll find the link ad send it to you.

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by avjeepfreek View Post
                        It sure is Chuck! Those Boomerangs are from Rough Country, I got them off ebay for $32 a set. They are 1 1/4" shackles but I think they come in the stock size too if you don't want the lift! They seem very strong and well built! I'll find the link ad send it to you.

Scott
                        Post the link

Comment

That YJ seem to buzz through quicker than the TJ. Interesting.

I do want to go. The 26th or 27th is good (I think).

Comment

Chuck,

Here are the CJ Rear ($54 or best offer http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/76-86...Q5fAccessories

And the CJ Front ($54 or Best offer) http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/76-86...ht_1942wt_1167

Ron,

Here are the YJ Front: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-96...ht_1942wt_1167

and the YJ Rear: (Same price) : http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-96...ht_1942wt_1167

If you do an ebay search for "Boomerang Shackles" you will get a list of all the they offer. I'm VERY pleased with them!
                            Last edited by avjeepfreek; 08-18-09, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Scott,

Thanks for cleaning up the place. It really does stink when as a group we all go out and clean up after others every run. The campfire ring is scary......no open fires allowed this time of year. OHV or Rangers need to drive by and break up / disperse the fire ring. Glad you had fun.

Comment

Working...
                              X