Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Mid-Week Get away Run SBNF

Well I'm off work all week and TJGregg and I are going to run the above referenced trails. If you are free on Thursday, feel free to join us.

I posted that they are easy but I've never been on 3N62. The trail number sign was just recenty put up but I think it should be fairly easy, we'll find out!

Meet us at the Valero Station in Beautiful Downtown Lucerne Valley at 8:30 AM this Thursday.

CB CH 04

There will be some great views of Catus Flats and the desert so don't forget your camera.

I'm not going to place this on the calendar so if you can come with us, post up and let us know!
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

I wish I could make it! Take some pictures and have a safe trip.

Comment

Roger,

I hope that you guy's have fun. Should be great weather and the view from Silver Peak is awesome! 3N62 might be a bust. Looks to be a mile in length and flat. Checked Google Earth and Topo USA. There is lots to explore off 3N36. Be safe.

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]3N63 is not a difficult trail, but VERY scenic. You may be able to take a side road from 3N63 down to the Blackhawk mine. 3N62 is an easy, very short turn around trail. There is a difficult little side spur that goes to the north toward the begining of the trail, I think it was once a road to a mine on the hill. Last time I was there I wasn't splelunking.

MK[/COLOR]

Comment

If you haven't been to the top of Silver Peak before, be careful about the open pit mine at the top. Its a big drop if you park in the wrong place.
          [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
          Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
          [/COLOR]

Comment

thursday run

hey roger .me and the family are going up on wed morning to stay at serrano for a week .maybe if everything goes right we,ll meet ya at cactus flats around 9;00 .i,ll give ya a shout on ch 4 .see ya

Comment

Roger, I really am ready for this mid summer run. I'll see you at 8:30 in Lucerne. Off to buy a new air compressor this morning. I rebuilt a junk pile one 20 years ago. I think I put $20 into it. Still works fine but I want a quieter one in my old age. Sold my boat yesterday, Jeeps have taken over from boating. Life is good!
              Gregg
              Gregg Turk
              West Oak Hills
              greggturk.com
              95 Jeep Cherokee, 69 Jeep CJ5

Comment

Originally posted by xthread View Post
                hey roger .me and the family are going up on wed morning to stay at serrano for a week .maybe if everything goes right we,ll meet ya at cactus flats around 9;00 .i,ll give ya a shout on ch 4 .see ya

If you haven't left yet! Go to Hwy 18 & 3N62, It's just east of 3N02 maybe a mile or so. I'll be on Ch 04.

Hope you make i!
                MJR moderator
                Jeep Patrol Leader
                Reforestation Supervisor
                Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  If you haven't been to the top of Silver Peak before, be careful about the open pit mine at the top. Its a big drop if you park in the wrong place.
                  Hey Mike, I've been up there a number of times and I know of the vert shaft! I would hate to have my day ruined driving in there!

I found a geocashe up at the top and I'm not even a geochaser!
                  MJR moderator
                  Jeep Patrol Leader
                  Reforestation Supervisor
                  Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                  Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    [COLOR=blue]3N63 is not a difficult trail, but VERY scenic. You may be able to take a side road from 3N63 down to the Blackhawk mine. 3N62 is an easy, very short turn around trail. There is a difficult little side spur that goes to the north toward the begining of the trail, I think it was once a road to a mine on the hill. Last time I was there I wasn't splelunking.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=blue]MK[/COLOR]

Thanks Mike,

I know the trails pretty well in the area. I've lived and wheeled in the LV & BB area since 1982!
                    MJR moderator
                    Jeep Patrol Leader
                    Reforestation Supervisor
                    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                    Eagle Scout

Comment

Yeah that open shaft is big enough to park a few Jeeps in! Have fun Roger.

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by tgregg View Post
                        Roger, I really am ready for this mid summer run. I'll see you at 8:30 in Lucerne. Off to buy a new air compressor this morning. I rebuilt a junk pile one 20 years ago. I think I put $20 into it. Still works fine but I want a quieter one in my old age. Sold my boat yesterday, Jeeps have taken over from boating. Life is good!
                        Gregg

I'm enjoying my two weeks off. I told my boss it was my practice retirement.... he wasn't too happy
                        MJR moderator
                        Jeep Patrol Leader
                        Reforestation Supervisor
                        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                        Eagle Scout

Comment

OK Roger,

Let me guess.....you are doing the laptop / aircard thing in your Jeep as we speak. You are getting rather fancy.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            OK Roger,

Let me guess.....you are doing the laptop / aircard thing in your Jeep as we speak. You are getting rather fancy.

Too funny!
                            MJR moderator
                            Jeep Patrol Leader
                            Reforestation Supervisor
                            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                            Eagle Scout

Comment

Have fun Roger. Take some pictures!

Comment

Working...