Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Nice trip

Fred and me did some exploring on the East side of Big Bear. We started of from the Heartbar area of Highway38
    I must say mainly easy roads, but very pretty country.
    We found one black diamond trail, which meant turn on locker for about 10 feet. However the scenery did more than make up for it.

After that we headed back to HWY38 and from there to 2n01 to 2n61y where we ran into Mitch and the gang
    From there we looked at the old truck parked off 2n61y
    Then turned around and headed back to try and catch the mining crew, we never found them just a bunch of mines. Mitch you are a bad influence lol I even crawled into one of those darn things.
    Still was fun going upto Tip Top mountain and a bunch of other trails we climbed up on seems like they all ended up at a mine

All in all a very nice day in the mountains

Art,

It was great to bump into you and Fred today at the Round Valley area. Like I posted on the Big Bear Exploring post, We took the lower trail and saw you both heading uphill. What a great day to be in the mountains. I must see the area that you guy's checked out. Any mine it a great target for me!

Mitch

Comment

Great pics Art, I've never been on that side of the mtns. yet. Looks like a beautiful place to go and check out.

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Art, now you just have to get Fred into the mines. Looks like you guys went up the Santa Ana River trail and to the Coon creek cabins. Beautiful area.

I did a run up there a couple of weeks ago.[/COLOR]

Comment

We pretty much ran every trail we could find in the heartbear area. The one to Coon Cabin was the last one.
          The whole area is very very pretty, about the most scenic area of all of Big Bear I think. Was a very nice relaxed morning, the afternoon mining expedition was fun too.
          Now its time for some more fire roads

Comment

Hey Art & Fred,

It was great seeing you guys!
            SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
            MJR moderator
            MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
            Jeep Patrol Leader
            Reforestation Supervisor
            Licensed Ham - n6ujm
            Eagle Scout

Comment

Had a great time finding new trails.All the times I have been up 38 and never knew all that was there.
              It was good running in to the mine crew we pushed as hard as we could to catch up but made the wrong turn and ended up on some skinny shelf road looking down at rose mine.That mine went down at a 45 degree and throwing a rock in it you could hear it bounce for a long time.Want to get up to Onyx summit mine next.
              Last edited by flatout; 08-10-09, 09:12 AM.
              You can make it

Comment

If you guys like some easy trails and scenic views(streams,water falls,great views) Try these trails 1n12, 1n45,1n09 middle control rd., seven oaks rd and 2n93.
                IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

So mike the XJ is back?
                  IN A LAND OF FREEDOM WE ARE HELD HOSTAGE BY THE TYRANNY OF POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!

Better To Burn Out Than To Rust Out!

Comment

Originally posted by curtis View Post
                    So mike the XJ is back?
                    [COLOR="Blue"]No, that's a friends, but I used to have one just like it. Awesome vehicle.
                    mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                    X