Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Gold MT/ John Bull

well after missing the trail run with Bash and not being able to get anyone to run it with me this weekend, i headed off monday to do it myself. I started off on Gold Mt and after running this trail for several yrs, this run had to of been the hardest. it was much more rutted and difficult than i've ever seen it. made for some fun lines.

Then i headed over to john bull. i ran it from east to west and i love how the entrance is built now. i took all of the hard lines and got stuck twice but worked my way out. john bull is also harder than yrs past and i love it. sad to see how much dead/rotten/down trees there are now and that the squeeze between the two large trees mid way through was saddening. used to be beautiful there and now its just ugly. things change i guess. once i got near the end of the run my engine was making some really weird sounds w/my rpm change and i decided to call it a day. fun run.. oh also ran 3n61. interesting lil trail.
    pictures arent the best but its something.

1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Kevin,

Looks nice and peaceful out there. Sometimes you just have to get out and wheel it alone.

Mitch

Comment

great photos, were heading up there this weekend to with a group

Comment

Hey Kevin!

Wheelin' JB alone is kinda cool, but it is weird to have take pics of your junk without a driver. I did it last August so I know. Glad to hear that JB is more challenging. I'll have to check it out again soon.
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Jb is a veru nice trail to run during the week or at night.
          The same goes for Gold Mountain they make a very nice combo. Will be nice when Holcomb goes back in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint
            in alot of ways i like to wheel alone. no rush to do things, kinda relaxing. my fiance went and she was kinda whinny but otherwise it was nice.
            Was it a scared "whinny" or an "OMG your going to break the Jeep!" There is a difference, and one will make you regret the day.......Or you will patiently and lovingly explain that this is what Jeep were made to do.
            Money pit!

Comment

none of the above. it was more of a "i wanna go home, im dirty... look at my shirt... i want hot chocolate at the station going down the 18.. can we go home already..." that kinda whinny... 1/2 way thru the bull she was ok though...
              1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Comment

A good tip for a successful marriage. Learn the difference between "whinny" and "whiney"
                Jeff
                OHV76V
                KG6TY
                You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                  none of the above. it was more of a "i wanna go home, im dirty... look at my shirt... i want hot chocolate at the station going down the 18.. can we go home already..." that kinda whinny... 1/2 way thru the bull she was ok though...
                  I trust that the fiance does not hang out on this website ....

Comment

Well, you marry the right woman, and she may. Mine regularly peruses dirt bike sites and can't get enough of the motocross scene. If she were 20 years younger, she'd be trying to make the circuit.

Happy hunting ....

Comment

Working...
                    X