Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Weekend exploring of fire roads and such

Fred and me set out today to do some exploring on the backside of rattle snake canyon.
    We were curious to see if we could find some more washes like Motino wash that can be run with a 4x4.
    All the stuff we found needs some work to make it happen some seriously big rocks but when you pass those just a sandy wash till the next obstacle, where as Motino wash and the box canyon before it leep you pretty much on your toes the whole way. We slid drove down one very steep hill that was fun doing the slide and trying to go fast enough so the Jeep keeps the right set of wheels pointed down hill.
    After a lot of roaming around we ran the box canyon before Motino wash. Before entering the canyon, we ran Into Greg Hofman I guess he and some co workers were out patrolling and doing some work in the wilderness area.
    After finishing that trail we headed north on 2n02 to 3n03 and from there we ran Jacoby canyon, we had never ran it and its a very scenic trail, will definitely fo back there in winter or early spring. All in all a great day in the forest and desert with very nice temps to boot and not to much dust

Last edited by aw12345; 08-02-09, 07:19 PM.

Art,

Whats up with this? Are you gonna become an explorer and start hanging out with us on the weekends? Looks like a lot of fun. Motteno is beyond my abilities at this point. Was the "Slip N Slide" hill the one with the switch backs heading east from Rattlesnake Canyon? I didn't like going up it and wont go down it for sure. Nice to see you and Fred exploring something new. Next time we need to get you both 1/2 mile inside a mine tunnel!

Mitch

Comment

The slip and slide is on the south side of Motino wash you turn left head over the hill then when you come down the switch backs there is a short cut down with loose rocks is a fun slip and slide will have to be brave some day and see if I can drive up it. Since going up the switch backs is real tight and takes backing up to make the turn about 1/4 mile after it you will see the ruins of an abandoned cabin on the left

Comment

Art,

That is the spot. As I approached the switch backs, I saw the slide that goes right through the bottom tight turn. I had to 3 point the tight turn heading up, but Mike K rode high on the right wall and his his front slid down into the trail and he didn't slow down. Me....I wasn't happy.

Mitch
        Last edited by Mitch; 08-03-09, 08:56 AM.

Comment

That looks like a blast, Art! Great photos!
          :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Sarah,

Getting the itch to get out on the trail again? Just checking.

Mitch

Comment

Art,

Look's like fun! Next time you go let me know, together we can drag Mitch out there!!!

Scott
              "I got your Jeep Thing....Now it burns when I pee!" :fire:

Comment

Scot we need to drag you and Mitch out to Cleghorn for a night run. Is one of my favorite spots for night wheeling.
                It's a good starter after that we ought to take you for a night spin on John Bull.

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                  Sarah,

Getting the itch to get out on the trail again? Just checking.

Mitch
                  You know it
                  :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                    Art,

Whats up with this? Are you gonna become an explorer and start hanging out with us on the weekends? Looks like a lot of fun. Motteno is beyond my abilities at this point. Was the "Slip N Slide" hill the one with the switch backs heading east from Rattlesnake Canyon? I didn't like going up it and wont go down it for sure. Nice to see you and Fred exploring something new. Next time we need to get you both 1/2 mile inside a mine tunnel!

Mitch
                    [COLOR="Blue"]Maybe we can turn them into miners for a while, but when it cools down we got to get back into the difficult stuff.[/COLOR]

Comment

Yup you cannot deny your true calling or was it crawling

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                        Yup you cannot deny your true calling or was it crawling
                        [COLOR="Blue"]Exploring is fun, and it's cool checking out historic areas....But I hear that Ol Bullfrog calling me, yeah!!

mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                        X