Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Moab Trip

Hey thanx to all who posted or pm 'd me with advice! MOAB was awesome!!! Only had 2 damn days but at least a good intro to the town and some trails. Now I just have to get there in Easter for the Jeep Safari!!!!

As there were only the 2 vehicles and 4 young kids we kept it light. We also were a little nervous of beating on our jeeps and having the 2 days drive back...however it still ROCKED!!!!

I could have done without the stop in Barstow with overheating issues but finially got the Rubi dialed in after installing the Flex-a-lite 485 fan conversion and Banks air intake kit before the trip...oh did I mention I upgraded to the Bilstien 5100's and very impressed!!!!

Here's a few pics. Got myself some regular work for the first time since moving here last year from Canada so I am now happy to say I will be lookin out for some weekend runs with you guys!!!

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow

Isn't Moab a wonderfull place? Loads of stuff to have fun on and most of it is not terribly hard on the Jeep.
    Fred and me went there about 2 weeks after the Jeep Safari and had mlst of the trails to ourselves. The big events are great but to me why sit in traffic when you can go a week later and enjoy everything in peace. If you don't mind his price tag Dan Mick makes a great guide and will get you any trail you want to run and is a very entertaining fellow.
    We got lucky and ran into him and some friends and they let us tag along for 2 days.

Comment

Glad to hear you made it out and had a great time. Congrats on the job too!!! Hope you can join us on some local runs now
      That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

Awesome! Which trails did you run? What else did you see?

I'm so bummed we missed heading out that way this year.
        :gun:'99 TJ Sport:gun:

Comment

Originally posted by Schmo View Post
          Glad to hear you made it out and had a great time. Congrats on the job too!!! Hope you can join us on some local runs now
          thanx and definately in for some runs! please pm me if you have would love to join in! gonna try to watch the forum more now..

Comment

Originally posted by sarah View Post
            Awesome! Which trails did you run? What else did you see?
            x2. Great photos, but I don't think I recognized those trails.
            Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
            Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
            HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
            X