Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Lees Valley, Canterbury New Zealand

Howdy,

Lees Valley is located approximately an hours drive northwest of Christchurch, being the major South Island city in New Zealand. Pretty Easy going crossing a few streams and one small river. Not much snow about which was a bit disappointing but still a good day out, organised by the Canterbury Jeep Club. On the way back we took a detour to travel down the Ashley river which was pretty exciting in parts with the water getting deeper with each crossing. Below is a link to some photos from the day, enjoy.
    http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/a...rsden/?start=0

Those are some great pictures!

Comment

cool pics. was that a bridge in the pic or old motorway?
      Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Hey Tycho! Great stuff! So did this guy get buried up so bad that he couldn't be towed out backwards with two Jeeps?:

It looks like the guy in the Cherokee had to cross the river and drag him in to get out:

Oh yeah, why are you sitting on the passenger side of the JK? :wink:
        [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
        Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
        [/COLOR]

Comment

Hi!

In answer to Tomb Raider's question I'm pretty sure it was an old road bridge. Not much traffic through those parts but what's the bet the river got big one day and took the old bridge out. Looks pretty historical.

Funny that the only non Jeep on the day was the vehicle that got stuck but that's what happens when you try and cross on the outside of a braided river bend. That soft sand wasn't letting go and two of us would have ended up breaking the snatch strap so yeah he got pulled fowards through it. Not too much water in his vehicle, just some wet carpet.

Stock vehicle trials day this weekend so stay tuned for an update on that.

Mike, I know you guys do make Jeeps with the steering wheel on the right- just normally reserved for postal workers and New Zealanders Now I'm sure there is a joke in there somewhere!

Comment

Working...
          X