Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Trail Safety /CERT/ Drive In Movie Night

Every summer when the weather is nice we open up the backyard and have a outdoor movie night.
    I am set up with a 15ft Movie screen and surround sound!!
    We can accomadate probably up to 60 people easily,
    Heck I will even supply the popcorn.
    This time we are also having a member of CERT (Citizens Emengency Response Team)and also DART programs ,an EMT, plus a member of CI 4x4 , come and talk about earthquake safety and preparedness and also tying it in with Trail Safety and what you should carry in your rig in case of an Trail or Medical emergency.
    I figure we all have CBs 4x4 and the resources to help in case of a major earthquake and why not be prepared.

THIS IS NOT a wheeling event but more a eye opener as we are overdue for a major trembler.

Everyone is welcome, but bring a chair, something to drink and a appetizer to share and kick back and enjoy stories and great company and comeaway with some knowledge that you can use.
    I also encourage other people to share their knowlegde also so we can all learn from each other.

People new to 4 wheeling is encourged to come so we can help you out with the basics.

Starts at 630pm
    Movie at 8pm KING of the Hammers 09
    Movie at 930pm Fast and the Furious (New one)

1017 Woodland dr
    Santa Paula CA 93060
    Rick 805.890.4626
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

For those unaware of the CERT program...it is pretty good program...free of charge. I've been a CERT Level 3 for years now.

Looking at my schedule...I'm gonna try to make this. Having dinner with pops in Saugus that evening.
    Last edited by SAR Jeeper; 07-29-09, 07:25 PM.

Comment

sounds like a great night i wish i could make it. if its the guy i know (John) from CI4x4 he is a great guy and very knowledgable of all things emergency.

Comment

Yup its John Saffelo on the Cert end of it and we will have a lot of discussion on trail safety and commen mishaps on the trail and survival techiques.
        Will be good coversation and Fun

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

A member here...cutting a zip-tie off his sway bar with a dull knife. When zip cut, knife continued into his radial artery. Blood was squirting out about 3 feet. Direct pressure on wound, elevated above heart, direct pressure on bracial artery, and ice stopped the bleeding. After final bandaging, he stated, "I'm not going to no doctor, I came out here to wheel", and off we went!

Comment

Wow,

Thats why you keep a couple of units of plasma in your cooler! LMAO

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post

A member here...cutting a zip-tie off his sway bar with a dull knife. When zip cut, knife continued into his radial artery. Blood was squirting out about 3 feet. Direct pressure on wound, elevated above heart, direct pressure on bracial artery, and ice stopped the bleeding. After final bandaging, he stated, "I'm not going to no doctor, I came out here to wheel", and off we went!

That was a fun day! Sure is nice to have a medic there on the trail with ya.
              That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Comment

I'll RSVP for this. I think I'm well prepared but I always like to hear what others carry. And even though I was there, watching KOH 09 on a big screen will be awesome.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not going to make it. Maybe next time...

Comment

Originally posted by SAR Jeeper View Post

SAR JEEPER ,... the official "suicide jeeper" on the trail....Nice pic....
                    PS> I use a bunjee cord,... much safer...
                    "Just Another Jeepin Guy"

Comment

Had a great turnout good times and good friends I do have a very complete list of things to carry if you would like it send me a email and I will send it to you.
                      new2image@aol.com

Comment

As we made it in a little late, I like to get a copy of that list. Ill shoot ya an e-mail.
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Ben Franklin

Comment

Working...
                        X