Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Mines

Does anyone explore mines besides Mitch? I don't see much on here (to locate and read up on). Unless I missed it. Kind of in an exploring mood. Bad part is were coming into some hot weather. Would like for it to cool down some. Is there any easy (by my definition) places to get to so I could explore? Post some places, I am interested.

Thanks,
    Ron

Ron,

I enjoy exploring mines and other historical sites. But this kinda the wrong time of year to explore the desert....

I'm probably going to make this up-coming run: http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14913

I think you would enjoy it also. It'll be a little cooler in the mountains. See you there??
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Ron come on out and join us. We'll be focusing in on the 1850 era mines of Big Bear.[/COLOR]

Comment

I do the "mine thing" on occation, every weekend with Mitch back in the day....you can get out early from Hesp. and check out some GREAT ones in the Ord's.....leave before sunrise to a set area.....
        :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

Anyone besides Mitch?

What's wrong with exploring mines with Mitch? You don't need someone else. And what's this weather thing? It was 103' in the Lucerne area today and 4 Jeeps ran for 9 hours. Ron, I'll show you some of my trail books and maps and get you headed in the right direction!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
            Anyone besides Mitch?

What's wrong with exploring mines with Mitch? You don't need someone else. And what's this weather thing? It was 103' in the Lucerne area today and 4 Jeeps ran for 9 hours. Ron, I'll show you some of my trail books and maps and get you headed in the right direction!

Mitch
            I am glad I called you. It wasn't meant that way. I did explain

Sounds good! Honestly I havent had a chance to go through those books, but I am thinking I will now. I need to learn the safe routes for my family.

Comment

Now thats what I'm talking about!!!!!

Mitch

Comment

Ron, I have a group of friends that I go out with and do mine exploring. We are probably going to go next month sometime. Not sure on a date yet. I'm wait to hear back. I think we will be going out to Tecopa this time. It's about 45 min past Baker. There was talk of camping in the mouth of the mine if it is too hot. I've been spelunking for 3 or 4 years now. I can't get enough of it. Just hard to get the group together these days. You're welcome to come along.

Comment

You have my number, keep me posted. I might trailer her if it's that far. I think Baker is 1 or 2hrs from here? Camping might be ok. I'll talk it over with the wife, she has been wanting to go for awhile

Comment

Gm... Are you exploring the "peace Dove" mine?

Comment

Jeep4.....Don't trust Mitch's "mines"....He digs those himself, then brings people up to see what he "discovered".

Comment

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post
                        Jeep4.....Don't trust Mitch's "mines"....He digs those himself, then brings people up to see what he "discovered".
                        Is that what the shovel in the back of his Jeep for? That's so funny it has to be wrong!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I think he takes everyone to the same mine, he just takes you there by a different route each time.[/COLOR]
                          Last edited by mkjeepers; 07-19-09, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Lmao!
                            So the fee we all pay, I assume there really is no enterance fee?

Comment

Originally posted by flatpoint View Post

LOL Flatpoint, that's too funny:tongue::bonk:

Scott

Comment

Working...
                              X