Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2009-10-23 thru 25: BorregoFest Roster (Sign Up)

Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: 2009-10-23 thru 25: BorregoFest Roster (Sign Up)

Well it's about time to start planning our annual BorregFest event. The dates are set for the 23rd through the 25th of October. This event never fails to impress. Last year the potluck hit an all-time record for food in the dessert. If you left hungry it was your own fault. Please let us know if you plan on attending. Runs for the event and the other details will be posted in the next few weeks...

Shots from last year's event...

For more highlights from last years event check out the threads in the following forum: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=107

Go to the following link to sign up and checkout the ongoing Fest event planning activities: http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=83

I miss the predecessor to oausa.net. The dude that ran that thing was right on.

Seems like oausa is more ham oriented and sort of run by vendors. I like vendors, but I prefer the more down home and neighborly feel and approach like MJR has. Even the vendors here are like regular guys.

Have not been to an oausa event- how are they?

Comment

Hey John, what trail runs are on the roster for this year?

Is there a set plan, or do you arrange the trails after everyone meets?
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
        Hey John, what trail runs are on the roster for this year?

Is there a set plan, or do you arrange the trails after everyone meets?
        Well things are still in the planning stage right now. When everything get going you'll be able to sign up for a variety of runs throughout Anza Borrego. I believe the event will be held out of the Stagecoach Trails campground off hwy S2.

Comment

Originally posted by bruce p View Post
          I miss the predecessor to oausa.net. The dude that ran that thing was right on.

Seems like oausa is more ham oriented and sort of run by vendors. I like vendors, but I prefer the more down home and neighborly feel and approach like MJR has. Even the vendors here are like regular guys.

Have not been to an oausa event- how are they?
          If you're into ham radios it a great resource. I'm stickin' to my CB though. The events and runs from there area great. Oausa and MJR are pretty much the only forums I frequent.

Comment

Jim that ran adventure 4x4 is on this board as blackzzr
            He also started a new site http://www.justgoodtrails.com/

So if you want you can drop him a line there.
            The Oausa board does allright , they do have some fun get togethers, for exploring the Anza Borrego area, The Borrego wrangler and inverted on this board are the guys to talk too

Comment

Post the sign up list quickly I have a request from 4 three jeepers

Comment

[COLOR="Sienna"]I attended BorregoFest#1 a few years back. Great time with great people. I did a couple runs, one of which was Coyote Canyon (south side) with Russ and some guys in Hummers. I was pretty much stock back then...
                It was a great time. I wish I could go again this year, but finances prohibit and I still don't know my daggone work schedule.
                Take lots of pictures guys! I'd love to see the group and Coyote Canyon (south) again.
                [/COLOR]
                Last edited by USMC 0369; 10-14-09, 02:48 PM.
                [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

Did you at least get hired Nick?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                    Did you at least get hired Nick?
                    [COLOR="Sienna"]Yes and no, I'll start a thread.

edit: I'm not going to start a thread, I'm not that egotistical...yet. I'll PM you art.[/COLOR]
                    Last edited by USMC 0369; 10-14-09, 04:52 PM.
                    [COLOR="darkred"]"Death Smiles at Everyone... Marines Smile Back."
                    Adopt-a-Trail Member.[/COLOR]

Comment

I wish I could make it to this. The stork should be dropping off a crib midget at my place that week. Hell be in the Jeep soon enough and we will both be out on the trail.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Originally posted by OU812 View Post
                        I wish I could make it to this. The stork should be dropping off a crib midget at my place that week. Hell be in the Jeep soon enough and we will both be out on the trail.
                        :thumbs_up
                        If we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

http://jeep.matandtiff.com/

Truth is treason in the empire of lies. -Ron Paul

Comment

Originally posted by USMC 0369 View Post
                          [COLOR="Sienna"]I attended BorregoFest#1 a few years back. Great time with great people. I did a couple runs, one of which was Coyote Canyon (south side) with Russ and some guys in Hummers. I was pretty much stock back then...
                          It was a great time. I wish I could go again this year, but finances prohibit and I still don't know my daggone work schedule.
                          Take lots of pictures guys! I'd love to see the group and Coyote Canyon (south) again.
                          [/COLOR]
                          Well, there's always next year! Heck, with things cooling down here you know all the local forums are gonna be having runs out into the desert. After this event I want to head on out and search for some petrified wood. I finally found an area that might contain some good pieces.

As for BorregoFest, on friday I'll be going from south Coyote Canyon to Fonts Point. Saturday will be Painted Gorge/Carrizo Mtn and maybe Montero Wash. Thinking about running Pinyon Mtn saturday night. And sunday will be finished off with Grapevine Canyon and Jasper Trail. I'm sure there'll be lots of pics!

Comment

Trail Reports

Here's the report for the run that I lead on saturday. I'll post up more as they come in.

http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=132&t=1648

The rest of them are here:

http://www.oausa.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=132
                            Last edited by Borregowrangler; 10-28-09, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Grapevine Cyn

BorregoWrangler,
                              Great trail report, just love that place, looks like it was a great weekend. Thanks for the posting, I have been trying to make one of your runs to Borrego our timing is always off.....

Question: We (me and the wife) are taking a spur of the momment run to Borrego this Fri/Sat and was looking at taking Grapevine Cyn down from the top into Borrego. We will be in the area during the early morning so it will still be dark, we have a 06 Rubicon and we'll be towing a off road utility trailer, is this trail doable under these conditions?
                              Any other suggestions?
                              John & Kristi

Comment

Working...
                              X