Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: ECV Heartbreak Pre-Run

This is a write up for Brian (EVCjeep). Brian asked if I would help with a pre-run for an upcoming ECV club event. I've run Heartbreak Ridge a few times so I was happy to help from the passenger seat. It was a beautiful day in Big Bear when we met at the Discovery Center @ 10:00am. Brians friend Reiner joined with his built Samuri on 33's.

We checked out the Rose Mine area on the way to Heartbreak.

Next we ran 2N70Y (Black Diamond).

Heartbreak Ridge Trail 2N61Y (Black Diamond)

Mine along 2N61Y

Pontiac

Memorial for a fallen soldier

Verticle shaft on hill top

We stopped at the old arrastra where Round Valley Camp used to be.

While relaxing at the arrastra, a group of approx 40 Manx dune buggies cruised by on the trail. Never have seen that many in one place.

Arrastra Creek

After we finished the trail, we stopped at the Doble Cemetary

Last edited by Mitch; 07-12-09, 07:37 AM.

Originally posted by great88 View Post
    Arrastra Creek

What trail/FS route is this?

Comment

We both wish that there was a whole trail like this! This is a small water crossing on 2N02 at Arrastra Creek. It is in the middle of an area that burned a couple of years ago.

Mitch

Comment

Sweet pics and flicks
        Drew
        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Thanks Mitch for a great day. Always enjoy exploring with good friends.

Great trails, and ones that I had not yet run in the BB area.

I would recommend that area to anyone who hasn't been. I would suggest that having a locker would be quite a benefit, and perhaps 32 or 33 inch tires. Though with friends and some well placed rocks I guess you drive up in Samurai.
          Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

It looks like you guys might have gotten away from some of the heat.

Very good looking and capable CJ7. And a nicely built Sami. Should have been fun.

BTW, It must be nice to have your own professional Photographer. After he filmed you guy's going down the hill, did anyone think to go back for him? I might have to borough him in a couple of weeks.

A stream, trees, brush and caves, It sure looked like a fun day.

Comment

Brian: Thanks again for a great day, as far as the Samurai, he followed you the whole way and didn't need a bypass once. I was impressed!

Andrew: I was a hiking fool today. I walked after the Jeeps while taking pictures and videos, and even hiked down a mile of trail to avoid a narrow shelf road area that bothers me! Call if you need a guide from the passenger seat.

As always, I get home and start doing more research and we were one turn away from a large mine tunnel that I forgot about! Next time someone heads that way I'll trade photography for a passenger seat.

Mitch

Comment

Thanks Andrew. It is a nice CJ, but I got a long way to catch you. I do love my Jeep, and she does most all I want. Once the modified XCL and coil-overs are in, i will be done...........until the next round of upgrades.

The Sami is well built. Detroits front an rear, 6 to 1 transfer case, upgraded Birfields, and chromoloy axles. Dang thing will climb anything. Of course it only weighs about 2000 lbs. Something to be said for keeping it light.

As for the photographer, I might be willing to loan you Mitch's services if I can tag along on the run. I will try not to slow you down too much.
                Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

I don't drive fast, and even if I did my Jeep's 110 lbs engine governor will "kick" in.

I'm looking forward to getting out with some of you guy's. I should be ready in the next couple weeks.
                  Last edited by Double AA; 07-12-09, 08:21 AM.

Comment

I thought you guys were going next weekend? Looks like a fun day.

Brian, I have the GPS tracks for that if you still need them.
                    Check out .

Comment

Chuck,

GPS is plugged in for his upcoming run. If you want to run this let me know. There are some other things to check out.

Mitch

Comment

Working...
                      X