Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organized Event: Recon With USFS Re:Jeep Miller Trail

OK Guys and Gals I had long conversations with Tom Kuekes about Jeep Miller being closed.
    We have come to a agreement to open the trail just to Sunset Camp. I need vionteers to help out with trail clean up Lockwood and Cottonwood and we are installing a gate at Sunset Camp. The trail will stay closed until work is done on Alsmo Mountain.
    If we dont do anything the trail is going to stay closed until all work is done and thats looking toward late August or September.
    So whos with me!
    This event will be sometime in Mid to late July On a Friday or Saturday. Let me know which day is better.
    2002 Grand Cherokee 4.7 V-8 3.5OME 5100 JK Rubi Rims

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

If my rig is ready by then I'd probably be up for it...
    holes = cowbell

Comment

That falls under the something is better than nothing. Time permiting, I would like to attend. Friday or Saturday would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
        That falls under the something is better than nothing. Time permiting, I would like to attend. Friday or Saturday would work.
        Just remember there will be work involved and we are working to keep our trails open.
        Please come if you really care about your trails and dont like the idea about losing them.
        We ( Myjeeprocks group and other) Put in 284 Work hours last time we did that for the USFS and they depend on vionteer work to keep our trails open.
        And they depend on us.

"Never argue with a fool they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Comment

vionteer
          volunteer

I thought Pt. Mugu 4wd club was the adopt a trail leaders for that trail????
          1994 Toyota, dual cases, 5.29 axles with ARB's

Comment

Point Mugu is, and we have been in contact with the rangers, and at last notice we were told August but that we may be able to get on the rail soon for some work
            I will check with the persons that were checking and post back up

terry Work
            Point Mugu VP

Comment

Originally posted by igofshn View Post
              volunteer

Thanks for the Correction

I thought Pt. Mugu 4wd club was the adopt a trail leaders for that trail????
              Yes we are! And?
              I signed on the dotted line last year when nobody else did and took it upon myself to ask for help to get other clubs and people involved.

If I had the mentality its just us.... nothing would get done.
              But as a Group of Off Roaders we can show the USFS that we can make a difference and will.

Comment

Yes we are!
                You should post that you were part of the club. didn't want you doing anything without their assistance and knowledge.

Comment

Thanks for the Correction
                  Just helping since you goofed it twice.

Comment

You can count us in.
                    Let me know the details when they're finalized.
                    Hatch
                    www.safaristraps.com
                    Jeep Nets Built to Contain
                    [COLOR="Blue"]Keep up to date with us on Facebook[/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Safari Straps View Post
                      You can count us in.
                      Let me know the details when they're finalized.
                      Hatch
                      Thanks HAtch for the Support

Comment

You should post that you were part of the club. didn't want you doing anything without their assistance and knowledge.
                        Look at last years thread on the Jeep Miller trail reopening we were there and opened it... were you?

http://www.myjeeprocks.com/forums/sh...p+miller+recon

We made a big diffence last year and this year so come on down and join us and enjoy the weiners for Wheelers campaign!

Comment

Just helping since you goofed it twice.
                          I have been known to goof things up! just ask my wife! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by New2image View Post
                            Just remember there will be work involved and we are working to keep our trails open.
                            Please come if you really care about your trails and dont like the idea about losing them.
                            We ( Myjeeprocks group and other) Put in 284 Work hours last time we did that for the USFS and they depend on vionteer work to keep our trails open.
                            And they depend on us.
                            Well you did say you were looking for volunteers. I figured you needed help with trail work as nowhere did you mention a wheeling trip.

Comment

were you?
                              No I wasn't but I also don't live in the area. I help on local trails in the Central Valley.

Comment

Working...
                              X