Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Discussion: Dinner under the stars!

Friends Scott and Lesa are out camping for the weekend and invited me and Roger and Leann to stop by for dinner tonight. I met up with Roger and Leann in Lucerne and headed up to our favorite camping / mine spot for dinner. Nothing like wood grilled steaks, outdoors with the setting sun in the background. Lesa's daughter and boyfriend were also there with the 2 kids. It was fun watching the kids eatting Smore's after dinner. Around 10:00pm Roger and I lit up the desert with the KC's for the 2 mile trail back to the Hwy. What a great night! Thanks. And it was really cool that Lesa also brought her virgin 4 door JK out for the first time on the trails!

Mitch

The spot

Singing the Smore's song

Serious After Dinner Discussion

Last edited by Mitch; 06-27-09, 12:24 AM.

That explains why Scott didn't return my text Glad you guys had fun. A few more days and were out of here for fun as well

Comment

So when I got the phone Message about meeting Scott, Lisa & Mitch for "dinner under the stars" I was all up for it!

Lisa's daughers boyfriend had questions about the constellations & where the north star was, Mitch (Mostly Mitch though) and I were able to point them out to him.

It's always a pleasure to spend time with Mitch, Scott & Lisa
      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
      MJR moderator
      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
      Jeep Patrol Leader
      Reforestation Supervisor
      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
      Eagle Scout

Comment

Looks like a great time. We love camping out in the desert. I've always done it with dirt bikes. Now I gotta get the ZJ out there.

Thanks for sharing ..
        Kurt T.
        94 ZJ, 4X4, 5.2, 31's, open diff's.

Comment

Mitch, you sure enjoy yourself. Great adventures on a daily basis; and you let us all enjoy them with your great trip reports.
          Rich

Comment

Roger(N) Mitch, Ya,ll both make me jealous..always out with the jeeps!! I,ve got the time to do alot of wheelin and site seein, It,s just sooo dang far from the beautiful San Fernando valley..lol..kidding about any beauty here..Thanks for the pic,s
            "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

I had a call from Dave and Dalene this morning and wanted to cruise by the camp spot and do a little plinking. So off in the Jeep again! We trailed around to a safe spot with a nice hill in front of us and played with the toys for a little bit. Scott and Lesa had left for home after breakfast looking for some cooler temps at home. We passed them on the way out. Beautiful day around 102' and a breeze. We shot for a couple of hours, cleaned up the area, and putted along a few trails back to the highway.

Mitch

.45 practice / target is 200 feet away

.44 Mag

45/70

I love this place!

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww man!!! Wheeling and gunplay?! My m1 garand and defender have been itching to make some noise. You have too much fun mitch. Nice report

Comment

Good to get out with you again.....always fun shooting! The vids. are very interesting to watch...I never realized my .44 recoiled so much in Dalene's hands......it looks like she is dodging that barrel each time she let's one go! Thanks again, Mitch!
                  :cactus::cactus:+:beer:=:poop:...:hide:

Comment

That little gal shooting the big bores is great. My wife's the same way, she's small and loves shooting everything. Although there was the one time the 480 Ruger came back and hit her between the eyes. She looked like a cyclopes for two days.
                    Last edited by Double AA; 06-27-09, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Hey Dave,

I was just asking Mitch last night after dinner what was up with you. You just sort of dropped off the map the last few months.

Good to see you back. I was heading into Apple Valley today and I passed you and Mitch heading east around Rabbit Dry Lake. I was in my truck.
                      SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
                      MJR moderator
                      MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
                      Jeep Patrol Leader
                      Reforestation Supervisor
                      Licensed Ham - n6ujm
                      Eagle Scout

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Hey Dave,

I was just asking Mitch last night after dinner what was up with you. You just sort of dropped off the map the last few months.

Good to see you back. I was heading into Apple Valley today and I passed you and Mitch heading east around Rabbit Dry Lake. I was in my truck.
                        I saw Mitch going down Main St. Just after I left Kens house today. Small world.

Comment

Roger: I saw you also, the Truck threw me for a minute. We were heading out for some shooting.

Ron: Didn't see you cause you probly were also in your truck. I was heading out to dinner with some Jeepers again. I'll try to swing by Kens tomorrow in the AM.

You know that some guys just get around!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
                            Roger: I saw you also, the Truck threw me for a minute. We were heading out for some shooting.

Ron: Didn't see you cause you probly were also in your truck. I was heading out to dinner with some Jeepers again. I'll try to swing by Kens tomorrow in the AM.

You know that some guys just get around!

Mitch
                            lol!
                            I actually was. I was even pulling the trailer.

Comment

Working...
                            X