Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: big bear saturday

a couple of us are heading to big bear this saturday , we are meeting at the rangers station 9:00am channel # 6 and heading up the 38 to 2N93 over to onyx summit to run it backwards to the 38 and then continue on to 2N01 and do some fun exploring ....all are welcome ....

Darn..I would love to do this run as I need to pre-run it for another group. Unfortunately ,I am committed to a day of Pilot Rock - Deep Creek - Etc with some other folks.

If someone could make a .gpx for Onyx that would be great.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Comment

Im up for this run.The weather should be great hot down here just right up there.
      You can make it

Comment

Steve ya bum had to do this early on a Saturday didn't you.
        Would have loved to do the exploring, I guess we will
        save some of that for a Sunday.

Comment

this sunday is taken !! and i need to wheel art ,sorry

Comment

It's allright Steve, have fun and be gentle with Barney. Whatch those big rocks that cross the trail all of a sudden

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
              It's allright Steve, have fun and be gentle with Barney. Whatch those big rocks that cross the trail all of a sudden
              [COLOR="Blue"]Those rocks have the right-of-way.[/COLOR]

Comment

ya i know i found out the hard way !!

Comment

The rock gods could be nice about it and post a rock crossing sign lol

Comment

The rocks applied for a FS sign permit - it was denied...
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Hey Steve, what Ranger station are you meeting at?

Steve
                      All slow and no show

Comment

The one on highway 38 just after Mentone, just before you start heading up into the mountains

Comment

I was thinking about meeting up with you guys for this run. I have yet to talk to the wife about this, but in any case we've got all the usual trail gear (tire, jack, tow strap, etc...) except a CB. I've been meaning to get one even for when we're alone "just incase", and I've actually just ordered one but it wont be here till next week. I wanted to get a portable since I didn't want to leave anything of even marginal value in the cab since we pretty much never have a top on. There don't seem to be many places to get CBs around here. Walmart is down to carrying just one model (and it's not a portable). If that's a deal breaker then I'll just wait a week.

-Slim

Comment

STeve and Fred are planning on doing some fairly extreme stuff later in the day, are you up for that?
                            Onyx summit the way they want to run is not bad without lockers, the other stuff they have in mind I would think lockers be a very good idea

This is kind of what they have in mind after Onyx summit

Comment

Extreme

Well ok, I won't show fear. I'll be coming from Crestline and stopping by the Green Spot market to get some beef jerky. See you guys at the Mill Creek R.S.
                              All slow and no show

Comment

Working...
                              X