Collapse

Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Bronco peak day run on friday the 26th?

I have an itch to wheel. Havnt been out since KOH.

Anyone up for a day run on friday morning? Start at the bottom of Bronco make our way up. Hit up Sidewinder as well?

Let me know

-Mike
    [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

how far is this trail from the 15 and 8

Comment

Originally posted by barney1 View Post
      how far is this trail from the 15 and 8
      I'm not sure how far it is from the 8 & 15, but I do know that the trail is about 2 hours and 45 minutes from Corona. It's 3 hours from my place and worth the drive!

I wish that I could go, but weekdays are out for me.
      [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
      Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
      [/COLOR]

Comment

i work in san diego also some days and might swing this into a work and play day !!

Comment

It takes me around an hour and 20 min from the beach to the trail head.
          So I would say around an hour maybe a tad more to get to the trail head from the 15 frwy.
          gogle maps says around an hour and 15 min
          search Lake Morena
          http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
          let me know. I know the trail pretty well so we wont get lost or anything.
          [COLOR="Sienna"]97 TJ, 4.0 5spd, 3.5" Rock Krawler 5 inch stretch long arm, 30/44 locked with 48s, 35 inch MTRs, Warn 9k rock track 4:1, Vanco Big Brake Kit![/COLOR]

Comment

Ill be up there on Sat 27 with some frinends from SoCalXJs.
            Those left standing
            Will make millions
            Writing books on ways
            It should have been
            -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

how many in your group? I have to work sat night, I usually like to have the whole day off for the "just in case" last time I had to be towed off the trail and towed to get lower control arm bracket welded back on. took all day

Comment

Only 3-4 I think. More people usually jump in the day before.
                Those left standing
                Will make millions
                Writing books on ways
                It should have been
                -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

I have a 15 year old nephew out from Lousiana aho wants to go wheelin, was thinkning about this area Sat the 27th. Right now it's just me..

mind if I tag along?

BTW, how difficult is Bronko Peak? I have'nt been to this are for many years, and that was on my dirt bike.

Comment

Ill ask the guys and let you know tomorrow.
                    Those left standing
                    Will make millions
                    Writing books on ways
                    It should have been
                    -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

The trail is pretty tough if you are going up Bronco Peak. I would recommend at least 33 inch tires and a locker. Body protection is always a plus. Like I said, I had ripped a lower control arm bracket off my axle here, I have seen a shock snap in two and broken D44 axles. Its not an "easy trail" but its not like Johnson valley. Its a fun trail with some great obstacles. Have fun. Dont think I will make it on sat. So prob wont go tmr as well. have fun guys

Comment

Yep! Just what he said. I broken a axle and blew a bead. The other time, a rut punctured my left rear sidewall. But it was a blast.

Originally posted by miguelitojeep97 View Post
                        The trail is pretty tough if you are going up Bronco Peak. I would recommend at least 33 inch tires and a locker. Body protection is always a plus. Like I said, I had ripped a lower control arm bracket off my axle here, I have seen a shock snap in two and broken D44 axles. Its not an "easy trail" but its not like Johnson valley. Its a fun trail with some great obstacles. Have fun. Dont think I will make it on sat. So prob wont go tmr as well. have fun guys
                        Drew
                        95yj Six Pack

Comment

Do I have to say it again??? Rain baby rain... It's no fun dry anymore
                          [CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000]Resistance Off Road
                          [/COLOR]Join the Resistance...
                          http://www.resistanceoffroad.us[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by rat patrol View Post
                            Do I have to say it again??? Rain baby rain... It's no fun dry anymore
                            It can be ran when it's dry? I didn't think that was allowed....
                            [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
                            Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
                            [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by one_crf_pilot View Post
                              I have a 15 year old nephew out from Lousiana aho wants to go wheelin, was thinkning about this area Sat the 27th. Right now it's just me..

mind if I tag along?

BTW, how difficult is Bronko Peak? I have'nt been to this are for many years, and that was on my dirt bike.
                              PM sent
                              Those left standing
                              Will make millions
                              Writing books on ways
                              It should have been
                              -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Working...
                              X