Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Last Minute Call for Route Surveyors

Reposted for a friend. Going out on the trail with Randy Banis is a terrific experience. A more knowledgeable and entertaining person would be hard to find. If you've got the time (ahem! Great88 are you listening?), you will enjoy this opportunity.

Randy works closely with the BLM and many land use groups to keep our trails open. This is an opportunity to do a good deed and help keep our Wilderness open to be enjoyed.

------------------------------
    I'm sorry for the last minute call, but I have an immediate need to collect GPS tracks for a specific list of about 30 open routes in some mountain and washes northeast of Barstow. The work must be done this week and unfortunately cannot wait until the weekend, as I will need that time to process the tracks and write the report which is due on Monday morning.

If I can recruit 2 trucks to join me, the GPS'ing can be done in 2 days. I prefer to do Tue/Wed or Wed/Thu, leaving Friday for just-in-case. But if it means more help, I can due Thu/Fri, if necessary. Will spend the night at Afton Canyon Campground.

Please email me for details:
    RBanis at DeathValley.com

Thanks, all.
    Randy Banis
    Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
    Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
    HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

If I would have had just a few days more notice, I would have loved to do this. Dang
    SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
    MJR moderator
    MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
    Jeep Patrol Leader
    Reforestation Supervisor
    Licensed Ham - n6ujm
    Eagle Scout

Comment

Working...
    X