Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: JB at night

Well Steve and me headed up to Big Bear tonight to play on John Bull tonight. We wauted for a bout 20 mins in Fawnskin to see if anybody else showed up.
    By the way looks like the forest fest had a great turnout, the parking lot at snowvalley was packed with motorhomes and some tent campers, tons and tons of people there.
    The funny thing is though that once we got to John Bull there where 5 Jeeps there trying to get past the gate keeper and that is pretty much all the people we saw on the trail all night.
    The Gatekeeper are got pretty dug up which made it a lot of fun top play one once the other 5 Jeeps got past it. Had a load of fun it's a way cool trail to run at night or was it a cold trail? Was pretty chilly there but we had a blast. Nothing broke, squeeked or fell of either Jeep just great wheeling in the forrest.
    Here is the a pic of the first Jeep in the group before us stuck just before the gatekeeper fun

Last edited by aw12345; 06-21-09, 01:42 AM.

good time art ! taking the long way home on 3n16 was fun in the dark sorry about getting us off track so much for cheap GPS'S ....

Comment

Sounds like a fun time! Night time really does change things, and getting "off track" (lost, turned around, wrong trail....) can also be alot of fun. Glad you made it home OK.

Mitch

Comment

Not really lost, had a good idea where we were, Just let Steve run lol he had to much fun racing around in the dark. Still it's harder to orientate yourself in the dark, So Mitch up for a night run on Bullfrog?

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
          Not really lost, had a good idea where we were, Just let Steve run lol he had to much fun racing around in the dark. Still it's harder to orientate yourself in the dark, So Mitch up for a night run on Bullfrog?

We would be down for a night run on Bull Frog

Jeff & Robin

Comment

Well let's make it happen

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I went through on Sat with a group of 22 BBFF vehicles, there was a group of 22 ahead of us and a group of 10 behind us, that was just Sat morning. Almost every vehicle had trouble at the gatekeeper, at least 3 hours worth of fun just there at the beginning. I guess that contributed to the increased roughness of the Gatekeeper. The rest was a slow go, but I had fun.

I'll send some pix later.
              MK[/COLOR]

Comment

Mike are you up for leading a Bullfrog night run?
                The Gatekeeper was fun in the dark, took a bit of work

Comment

Originally posted by aw12345 View Post
                  Mike are you up for leading a Bullfrog night run?
                  The Gatekeeper was fun in the dark, took a bit of work
                  [COLOR="Blue"]Been thinking about it. Quite a few have been interested. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by mkjeepers View Post
                    [COLOR="Blue"]I went through on Sat with a group of 22 BBFF vehicles, there was a group of 22 ahead of us and a group of 10 behind us, that was just Sat morning. Almost every vehicle had trouble at the gatekeeper, at least 3 hours worth of fun just there at the beginning. I guess that contributed to the increased roughness of the Gatekeeper. The rest was a slow go, but I had fun.

I'll send some pix later.
                    MK[/COLOR]
                    You don't know just how happy hearing that Gatekeeper was more of a challenge makes me

I write the FS Maintenance Plan for this trail, glad to see that Waywegoes efforts in implementing it were successful!
                    Jeff
                    OHV76V
                    KG6TY
                    You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Fart View Post
                      You don't know just how happy hearing that Gatekeeper was more of a challenge makes me

I write the FS Maintenance Plan for this trail, glad to see that Waywegoes efforts in implementing it were successful!
                      [COLOR="Blue"]I talked with Don of the WayWeGoes and he said their not done yet, but will continue on up the trail as time permits. This may end up being a more challenging trail from start to finish.
                      mk[/COLOR]

Comment

Art,

As I keep learning.... I think that John Bull and Bull Frog will be daylight runs for me. But I know that Mr Bash would be up for it in a second!

Mitch

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]I talked with Don of the WayWeGoes and he said their not done yet, but will continue on up the trail as time permits. This may end up being a more challenging trail from start to finish.
                          mk[/COLOR]
                          One of the many reasons Don and I get along so well...
                          Jeff
                          OHV76V
                          KG6TY
                          You're just upset because the voices in my head only talk to ME!

Comment

Nice to see you guys up there! See you soon again on a trail. Sorry, couldnt make it happen that evening! I was bummed!

Comment

[COLOR="Blue"]Been thinking about it. Quite a few have been interested. [/COLOR]
                              x2 on that!
                              Off road adventure photography:

TreadLightly Trainer
                              Wilderness First Aid (WFA)
                              HAM - KI6PFO

2005 Rubicon Unlimited + trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X