Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Big Bear 6/13 - 6/14

Rickashay scored a cabin up in Big Bear for the weekend, so a few of us cruised out Friday afternoon to meet up with him. I met up with Geebo and David (Mr. Orange) and the three of us caravaned to meet up with RIck. Having not seen the sun for weeks, we were hopeful that we might escape the June Gloom, but those hopes were all but smashed as we climbed the mountain and found ourselves completely engulfed in dense fog. But right as we got to the top of the moutain, we broke thru all the clouds and fog and found ourselves under beautiful blue skies and saw the sun for the first time in weeks. Here are a few pics from our trip on Sat thru Gold Mountain and John Bull. The weather was perfect . . . we were hoping to make it thru Dishpan as well but there were a bunch of Broncos on the trails and it was slow going for much of the day. Figured we'd post up a few pics for all the suckers that listened to the weather reports and decided to stay home this weekend!

Last edited by Schmo; 06-13-09, 07:32 PM.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

Awesome pics guys i didnt recognize anyone or we would have stoped to hang out for a bit but i did see some mjr stickers as we were driving by. thanks for the guys stuffing rocks under my tires
    [COLOR="YellowGreen"]"You cant fit 2 fingers in my tailpipe"[/COLOR]

Comment

Hey Dr. Dirty! I thought I recognized you and your Jeep there on Dishpan. We stuck around to watch/help the group of Xterra's go down the waterfall . . . they all made it down with out any carnage, but definitely needed some bumper cowboy action to keep the ass end down. What a great weekend of wheeling . . . was just beautiful out there. Big Bear is quickly becoming one of my favorite areas to wheel. Thanks again for setting this up Rick!

Comment

JOe, Hey Thanks for the pic,s and the report!!..Hey wait ,for a change I was on that run..LOL...I,ll post the pic,s I took soon..Again Thanks Rick and Debbie what a great time ..sorry I had to split so soon..Geebo
        "A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Yeah.....Rick....thanks for setting it all up, had a great time this weekend, not seeing the sun today is making me think of the trails again. What a trip....

Can't thank you enough for setting it all up, was good to finally get out of the house and see you all again.
          Can't wait till next time............................
          ....no really....I can't wait....when is it? Where is it? I think I hear kern calling...

I have a few pics I'll go through and put up....
          David aka Mr.[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orange[/COLOR]
          I think it's my turn for a bailout....what do you think?

Comment

Here,s a few of my pic,s..

"A man who fears suffering,is already suffering from what he fears"!

Comment

Glad you were able to make it out Geebo!

Where are the Dishpan pics you guys?

Comment

Hey guys, Thanks alot for coming out. We had such a GREAT time we kinda got delayed coming home "cough" "achoo" "cough". Will be setting this up again when the "missing link" can make it. Nice job on the trails Geebo, open and all. Missed ya on Dishpan.

Comment

sorry guys. had work bs going on. next time fo sho
                  hopefully before i move.
                  Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

move!

Where you moving to, Yuma!

Comment

I went to Yuma once. Yuma sucks.
                      Those left standing
                      Will make millions
                      Writing books on ways
                      It should have been
                      -Incubus "Warning"

Comment

Joe, glad you guys had a great time!! Great pics, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by poolside View Post
                          Where you moving to, Yuma!
                          menifee actually
                          Ford Raptor 6.2l

Comment

Originally posted by Tomb Raider 940 View Post
                            menifee actually
                            Much closer to the Hammers! That one ton TJ of yours is going to see a lot of fun!
                            http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Comment

I thought Josh was moving to Folsom :dunno: He sent me this pic . . . I think he said something about being close to the third window on the bottom floor there in the main building.

Comment

Working...
                              X