Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Report: Big Bear

Started in Moreno valley saturday morning with a buddy. I had my stock jk, and him in a lifted xj with 32's. Went through poineertown to 2n02. We then took a black diamond trail that said "loop to 2n02". It has couple tought sections to go up for a stock jeep, but nothing to bad. Suprising (to me at least) The jeep made it look easy.
    From there we went and chacked out the Rose mine are. It is Nice to actually see a mine shaft in the mountains not closed off. We decided to high tail it down 3n02 over to highway 18 to jacoby to find a place to eat lunch.
    Jacoby actully seemed a little easier this year. Not so many rocks hitting the skid plates.
    After jacoby We then both agreed that we wanted to (attempt) do a trail that neither of us had done before. We took 3n16 to 3n12 and were suprised to see a gate on 2n84. I didn't realize at the time it was closed due to the fires.
    We had a blast. Didn't run into to many other people. Clear skies and mid 60's all day.
    Last edited by explorer1; 06-11-09, 08:38 PM.

Chris,

Sounds like a fun day. Now show us the pictures!

Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by great88 View Post
      Chris,

Sounds like a fun day. Now show us the pictures!

Mitch
      Don't exactly know how to post pictures. I got a few, but like always it doesn't do the trails justice.

Comment

Sounds like you guys had a good time!

As far as posting photos goes it's not too hard.

1. Open an account with www.photobucket.com
        2. Post your picuures there.
        3. If you have a tabbed browser,have both the photobucket and the thread in MJR you want to post the photos to open.
        4. In photobucket, run your cursor on the photo you want in MJR and a dropdown list will appear. "copy" the bottom link.
        5. In MJR "paste" the link in the thread. Note, you won't see the photo, only the link until you either preview or post the picure

5. For best results, put a space between each link.

I hope this helps!
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

NIce report. I would like to do the Pioneer run. Went to BIg Bear a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Thanks for the post
          Living the Dream"!
          , Joe

Comment

Working...
          X