Forum Thread First Post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trail Run: Graduation Run

Ok,after 2 yrs and 2400 hrs of full time school to be a licensed aircraft mechanic, I DID IT~!... My last test is this Saturday and its not that hard.... Monday the 15th of June I would LOVE to get my jeep out and do some local wheeling. i havent been out i over 2 yrs... DOES ANYONE WANT TO MAKE A DAY OF IT IN BIG BEAR? I need it SO BAD!.... This coming Monday or even Tuesday!!!
    1st batch TJ bought August of 96. Locked and Loaded!

Right On! Congrats Kevin!!!

I can't join you on a weekday, but I hope that the run is a great one. You deserve it!
    [COLOR=#ff8c00]MYJEEP(crawls)ROCKS(again).com

I have finally stopped drinking for good.
    Now I drink for evil..... :devil:
    [/COLOR]

Comment

Just got back from taking my Airframe Oral/Practical... I passed!... One more license to go.... Then I'm a full fledged A&P mechanic... yeah@!@!@@@

Comment

Way to go man! Congratulations! Any job offers coming your way?
        SBCO Fire Dept. CERT volunteer
        MJR moderator
        MJR Adopt-a-Trail Crew member
        Jeep Patrol Leader
        Reforestation Supervisor
        Licensed Ham - n6ujm
        Eagle Scout

Comment

For a weekday run pm Flatout amd Barney1 they seem to have free time during the week

Comment

congrats on the lic
            Dennis and Tammy
            Its as much fun getting dirty as it is being dirty in a Jeep!

Comment

Thanks. Now i think the hardest part of it all is landing a job.. The aviation industry is suprisingly hard to get into. I've got a few leads but nothing solid yet.

Comment

Originally posted by brokenujoint View Post
                Thanks. Now i think the hardest part of it all is landing a job.. The aviation industry is suprisingly hard to get into. I've got a few leads but nothing solid yet.

first off, congrats on the cert. :yay:

taking this off the topic a bit: i got my A&P a year ago yesterday and got a job within a month by just e-mailing some local FBOs in town, one of which needed some part-time help. i'm still working there, in addition to working another job. unfortunately, the FBO doesn't offer benefits (my other job does), or else I would have been working there full-time all along. on the plus side, i'm gaining experience, which goes a long way toward getting a better job in the future.

while you were in school, did you sign up for the matco or snap-on student tool programs? if not, give it a try now- you might slip through the cracks and get in... 1/2 price for most hand tools and storage, and significant discounts on other stuff- it's worth a try!

Comment

Honestly, my fiance's father is a UPS lineman, and he only uses craftsman.. Matco and Snapon are great tools, but until i get a GOOD income, im not paying those prices....

Comment

Its looking like a Tuesday run up to Cleghorn.....Who's Down?

Comment

Looks like I may be up for it..... I'll pm you with my phone number.
                      BobO
                      "If you have significant difficulty here, dont go any further....it only gets worse".
                      (Charles Wells)

Comment

Kevin,

Congrats! A lot of hours and time well spent. Good luck to you.

Mitch

Comment

thanks for coming out on the run guys,... I'm REALLY sunburned.

Comment

Did you have fun with Mr Fred and run any other trails than just Cleghorn?
                            A bummer that I had a doctors apointment or I would have joined the fun

Comment

yeah we carried on for a bit.
                              Last edited by brokenujoint; 06-17-09, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X